Headlight adjustment for lifted trucks?

What everyone else has said, definitely adjust.  I added a level to mind, then lined up against a wall and dropped both down.  I can still see just as good as if the truck wasn't leveled and do not get any flashes (4 years now).  It's definitely hard to see when these newer trucks that are lifted come toward you at night blinding you due to not taking care of it.

• Like 2

Yup. A simple adjustment that I didn't do right away after my 6" lift, but went from getting flashed about as much as you're talking about to hardly, if ever, getting flashed now.

To the guy who said don't bother (I think the same guy who later said he has factory HID's), the LED headlights are a whole different ball game. The HID are bright, for sure, but I have frequently seen an oncoming vehicle and thought "why the hell are those so bright?!?" Only to find out its a fellow Silverado... :noway: Usually turns out they have something loaded in the bed or towing a trailer, or maybe the truck has been leveled. But yeah, they're very bright, so when pointed higher than they ought to be, it's a bit of a problem.

• Like 1

I have an 8 inch lift and 1.5 body lift so I knew I would have to adjust my headlights down so I did no problem. Buuut I am guilty of driving around with my fog lights on for a little extra light and I just like what it looks like full front end lit and that is when the little guys get bent out of shape because those LED fogs are just level with their rearviews. For oncoming traffic I don’t think it affects to much, I’ve been flashed once or twice but honestly it’s just because the headlights are bright in general. I also have a little Toyota for long distance commutes and it happens to me from time to time where I get lit up by a tall boy but I guess I’m more understanding of the struggle and just go about my business.

I did a 2" Rough Country level and had my dealer specifically check the lights during an oil change. They claimed the lights were pointed correctly. I don't really believe them since I do get flashed quite a bit. Thanks for posting how to adjust, I will have to check it myself and adjust accordingly.

• Like 1

I have an 8 inch lift and 1.5 body lift so I knew I would have to adjust my headlights down so I did no problem. Buuut I am guilty of driving around with my fog lights on for a little extra light and I just like what it looks like full front end lit and that is when the little guys get bent out of shape because those LED fogs are just level with their rearviews. For oncoming traffic I don’t think it affects to much, I’ve been flashed once or twice but honestly it’s just because the headlights are bright in general. I also have a little Toyota for long distance commutes and it happens to me from time to time where I get lit up by a tall boy but I guess I’m more understanding of the struggle and just go about my business.
I believe the fog lights are also adjustable.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, SirenRed16 said:

Really? You know honestly I never even thought to look. I just figured they would be stationary but I’ll sit under there tonight and take a look.

Really? You know honestly I never even thought to look. I just figured they would be stationary but I’ll sit under there tonight and take a look.
Yeah I read it somewhere on this forum. I believe its almost like adjusting the headlights

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/22/2019 at 2:38 PM, SirenRed16 said:

That would be very good to know. I also like running the fogs frequently, either for looks, or in dusk type lighting before the headlights are fully necessary. I don't think my fogs with 6" lift hit other cars mirrors, but I have noticed they are quite bright and probably aimed higher than they need to be.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2019 at 2:59 PM, E-rich1210 said:

I did a 2" Rough Country level and had my dealer specifically check the lights during an oil change. They claimed the lights were pointed correctly. I don't really believe them since I do get flashed quite a bit. Thanks for posting how to adjust, I will have to check it myself and adjust accordingly.

I have 2” level lift on my 16 Silverado also. Had the dealer re-aim downward at an oil change.  I stopped getting flashed by oncoming traffic and actually see the road better

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, E-rich1210 said:

Very Nice looking truck, how'd you install the light behind the grill? Do you have the active shutters?

He shouldn't have them, GM started them in 2017 on the Silverado/Sierra.