Headlight adjustment for lifted trucks?

My Sierra was leveled in the front and 33” tires. So it sits higher than normal trucks. 

I get flashed constantly by on coming traffic - tonight on my route home 6 miles got flashed twice. 

Do do you guys adjust your headlights or leave them ?

its getting real annoying. 

Thanks in advance 

Edited by Sean006

My Sierra was leveled in the front and 33” tires. So it sits higher than normal trucks. 

I get flashed constantly by on coming traffic - tonight on my route home 6 miles got flashed twice. 

Thanks in advance 

Ummmm, you’re just leveled, not lifted. So I wouldn’t worry about it. Never ever had a problem when my truck was leveled before the lift, and now being lifted I still don’t have any issues. Maybe you’ve just got bright lights in general or could be that they’re gang members waiting for you to flash them

Sent from above

13 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

Ummmm, you’re just leveled, not lifted. So I wouldn’t worry about it. Never ever had a problem when my truck was leveled before the lift, and now being lifted I still don’t have any issues. Maybe you’ve just got bright lights in general or could be that they’re gang members waiting for you to flash them

Sent from above

Did they change the lights compared to your 14 and my 18 ?

even had a cop flash me at a light. 

Adjust them, for sure. Its really easy. Plenty of instuctions online.

I leveled my truck and adjusted the lights significantly. Benefits are that you get more light on the road where you need it, rather than shining up in the air. Plus, you don't piss off and impact the safety of oncomming traffic. Your low beam lights have limited output and reach, so you want to get as much of that light into the zone where your brain makes quick decitions on how to avoid the dangers (pot holes, deer, kids, etc). 

Consider it like walking around with a flashlight, shining the flashlight parallel to the ground works, and lets you see further, but is not as good as shining it angled to the ground.   

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, ftwhite said:

Adjust them, for sure. Its really easy. Plenty of instuctions online.

I leveled my truck and adjusted the lights significantly. Benefits are that you get more light on the road where you need it, rather than shining up in the air. Plus, you don't piss off and impact the safety of oncomming traffic. Your low beam lights have limited output and reach, so you want to get as much of that light into the zone where your brain makes quick decitions on how to avoid the dangers (pot holes, deer, kids, etc). 

Consider it like walking around with a flashlight, shining the flashlight parallel to the ground works, and lets you see further, but is not as good as shining it angled to the ground.   

Yeah just found a video same setup as mine too. 

I’ll have to find a leveled parking lot with a wall. 

Thanks 

Did they change the lights compared to your 14 and my 18 ?
even had a cop flash me at a light. 

I don’t have a 14, I’ve got an 18 with factory HID’s and a 4.5” -5” lift on 34” tires. You didn’t mention that you were flashed by a police officer, I’d have them checked out maybe at a state inspection shop or same place that did it for you.

Sent from above

Yeah those who say they don’t bother adjusting the headlights after even a small lift are 100% doucheworthy, it’s a simple fix that doesn’t take but 10 minutes of your time and a simple Alan wrench. 

I’m constant annoyed at trucks that get lifted yet they don’t bother finishing the job and ensure that the lights perform at their peak.It keeps you safe so you can still see the pavement, it keeps me safe from being blinded,and  it makes the person who hasn’t bothered adjusting theirs look like an ass but they deserve it if the fix is super simple like GM made it.

Thank you for doing your part!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Sean006 said:

Thanks in advance 

I have a 9” lift closer to 10.5 with the plates under my struts.  But it doesn’t matter what I do I get flashed...

i can see the cutoff line actoss the trees and it’s perfectly flat but it’s rigjt in the eyes of little cars.  The fun ones are when a holes decide to turn around and flash their brights just for fun.  That’s when daddy light pods in the bumper comes in handy ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It’s got to be safe for both the driver in the truck and incoming vehicles. Checked my lights early this morning, running them side by side with my Yukon aiming at the garage door. Looks like my lift installer must have already adjusted the lights cause they’re almost identical. I used to get flashed in my Yukon and it’s not lifted or leveled. Expect being blinded driving Small cars anyway cause it’s inevitable just being low to the ground.

Sent from above

Adjust!!  lol people flashing you arent saying "Hiiii" 

It takes a good amount of getting blinded for me to flash mine to others so sounds like yours are super bright.

I have 2" level and 33s and needed to adjust them down. When you are behind a smaller car at a light, you will blind them, no other way around it. Its just physics.

If that happens i sometimes turn them off (if its not dark out) till they move. 

• Like 1