Gm performance exhaust

Do not purchase chevys “performance exhaust”. My 19 Trailboss came with it and it sucks. It’s muffled and sounds closer to a stock exhaust. I went with flowmaster super 44 series and it sounds great. I have the muffler if someone wants to buy it if you want a muffled exhaust. 

Got my exhaust installed yesterday. A little louder than what I was expecting. Has a great sound. Hoping it will tone down a little. A little bit of drone but not terrible. Have emailed Borla ti see which muffler this is, was under the impression it was the touring muffler but want to make sure

I have the 5.3. Spend money on something way better. If you want something quieter I’d go with like a manga flow. My friend has that. I’m telling you though don’t spend on the Chevy Exaust it’s restrictive. 

On 2/1/2019 at 1:48 PM, EJ_TRLBS said:

Do not purchase chevys “performance exhaust”. My 19 Trailboss came with it and it sucks. It’s muffled and sounds closer to a stock exhaust. I went with flowmaster super 44 series and it sounds great. I have the muffler if someone wants to buy it if you want a muffled exhaust. 

I'm not sure if mine is different because it's a 6.2L, but mine is far from "muffled" or sounding "closer to a stock exhaust".

There are a few videos on YouTube as well, and you can hear that it's more like the Borla ATAK sound, than the Borla Touring stuff which is less aggressive.

Mine sounds good but just a little too aggressive and a little more drone than I want. Talked to Borla and asked about putting resonators on at the tips and they say that should help. I’ll let yiu know

Resonators are really just like glass packs and are on lots of vehicles these days instead of a very restricted muffler. The cats play a part in that also. My old truck has twin 3 inch exhaust, high flow cats two high flo mufflers and two small glass packs. Drone settles in at different RPMs depending on gearing. The V-4 is a different sound. I have no drone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk