Black02Silverado's 2019 Silverado

Black02Silverado

OK, I can't promise much on how much I will be posting but will try to do my best for this thread.

I ordered my 2019 on 10/31/18 and it was delivered to the dealer on 1/24/19 and I picked it up 1/28/19. Mileage at delivery was 9 miles on the odometer.

So far to me this truck is very nice.  But then I'm coming from a 2002 LT Silverado Z71.  The 6.2 is a brute and the 10 sp is smooth as can be.

1. Dealer removed the HC badges on the front fenders.

2. I removed the one on the tail gate and going to remove the Silverado as well.  Looking at putting the black lettered Silverado on as well as the black 6.2L on the hood and taking the chrome off.

3. Removed the factory "wheel to wheel" running boards.  They are for sale, asking $700 they have 50 miles on them.

4. Installed the off road steps, GM part number 84538235.  I like them and they are about 15lbs lighter than the HC I took off.

5. Installed LED bulbs for the license plate lights.

6. Programmed the Home Link.  Super easy to do.

Planned

1. Install the GM cold air intake system.  I want to put the truck on a dyno as is and get a base line, then install the CAI and see what changes, then have the dealer flash the ECM to see if that makes a difference since that is part of the kit and included in the price.  Just have to see what the cost of the dyno runs will be whether it is worth the cost to find out.

2. Get the front side windows ceramic tinted and then put the clear solar ceramic tint on the everything else but the windshield.  Also a strip across the front windshield. Why GM didn't have that tinted on a HC is beyond me.

3. Install a dash cam.  Still looking at cam's, undecided as to which one to get, so many out there.

4. At 1,000 miles will change out the front and rear diff fluid for AMSOIL Severe Gear as well as the T-case for AMSOIL ATL fluid.  No replacement fluid from AMSOIL for the transmission, I'm sure it will be a matter of time and one will come out.

5. When these tires need to be replaced, my bank account should have recovered from the truck purchase by then, I'll look at new wheels and tires.

6. I want to paint correct and ceramic coat.  On the fence about doing it myself or having it done.  I have been quoted $2,750 total to do the truck and wheels.

7, Also want to get black door handles.

8. Looking at having the side chrome window trim wrapped since it is riveted on, would be a pain to remove and replace.

thumbnail_IMG_4400.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4403.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4412.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4477.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4483.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4485.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4493.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4494.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4495.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4498.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4500.jpg

Edited by Black02Silverado
grammar
  • Like 1

I would. Be interested to know what this reflash the ecm is? And why the ECM? There is a relearn of the PCM for the maf base air tables.
Issue in my option is milage. The engine is still breaking in. I would drive easy and nice the change fuilds then screw with it. Thats my option on all new engines.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

I would. Be interested to know what this reflash the ecm is? And why the ECM? There is a relearn of the PCM for the maf base air tables.
Issue in my option is milage. The engine is still breaking in. I would drive easy and nice the change fuilds then screw with it. Thats my option on all new engines.

I probably got my terminology wrong.  I just know they have to reflash the vehicle when I install the CAI, it is part of the purchase price and installation instructions. 

1 minute ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

OK that's what I thought. It was just a. Manual relearn not a tune or different software. And as it is included may as well. Is that a e85.

No, GM seems to be steering away from E85 on their main truck line. Why I don't have a clue since E85 is getting more and more readily available, at least around here.Only available on the 4.3 and one model 5.3.  I was kind of hoping there was a pigtail on the bottom side  frame rail like on the K2's for one to install an ethanol sensor and just plug in, but no dice.  So I'm out of luck on that. 

No, GM seems to be steering away from E85 on their main truck line. Why I don't have a clue since E85 is getting more and more readily available, at least around here.Only available on the 4.3 and one model 5.3.  I was kind of hoping there was a pigtail on the bottom side  frame rail like on the K2's for one to install an ethanol sensor and just plug in, but no dice.  So I'm out of luck on that. 

Someone will have a conversion. They do for the 16+ Camaro.

Ryan B.

OK, I need to post in here to keep things simple. 

I took the sun shade from our 2016 Suburban that my wife never used and tried it in the 2019 Silverado and it fits.  Score one for me.

I also took the chrome 6.2L off the hood and installed black ones that I got from shopchevyparts.com   Looks much better.

I have a black Silverado that I was going to put on the tailgate but I'm still on the fence on that one.

thumbnail_IMG_4536.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4537.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4538.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats on the new truck Nick! Just saw your build thread and thank you for sharing your 2019 experience. Tasty choices you're making. Nice! Please, keep your maintenance log in this thread...please? Including your fuel log spread sheet or at least the summaries. Oil analysis. I'm excited for you. Trips? Photos.....:lurk:

Great to hear the 10 speed is a winner. Hope AMSOIL develops a trans fluid for them. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

No pictures due to the fact that my hands were a little messy with gear oil.  Man that stuff smells nasty.

So lets start with changing the front diff oil.  You need a 13mm to remove the four bolts that hold up the cover over the front diff.  I would imagine it would be different if you have a Z71 with the skid plates.  Then the front diff is different and that it actually has a cover like the rear diff.  No drain plug.  Bummer GM, what were you thinking??  The fill plug is takes a 3/8's drive ratchet.

I took the plug out, and sucked out as much fluid as I could.  I basically got out a little over a quart.  That is all I could get out.  It is a little tight up in there and I had to use a 3/8 inch breaker bar. The ratchets I have were to thick.

Using AMSOIL's Severe Gear 75w-90 squeeze pack.  I cut a tube long enough to go into the fill hole.  About 9" long and put the other end on the cut tip of the squeeze package. Then just squeezed it in.  So nice and easy and no pumping from a bottle.  It took a little over a qt, if I had to guess maybe 8oz more before it reached the bottom of the fill plug.

Once that was all done, I put the plug back in and the splash shields back up.

I then went back to the rear diff. 

10mm bolts hold the cover on.  The gasket is reuse-able. 

I took the plug out and stuck an Allen wrench in and the fluid was about a half inch from the bottom of the plug opening. 

I measured the fluid that I drained out and it was 2qts and 12oz.  So that is basically what I put back in and confirmed it with the Allen wrench.

Before I took the bolts out I tried to tighten them to see how snug they were.  Well they were pretty tight.  They also had what looked like red loctite on them.  So when I put them back on. I didn't put anything on them and just snugged them down the best I could using a 1/4" drive ratchet.

• Like 1

OK guys.  I did a video on how to change out the caps on the side view mirrors.  It isn't the greatest buy you get the idea.  The caps do not just pop off. You have to remove the mirror and then the housing around the mirror to release the tabs that hold the mirror cap on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RyanbabZ71 said:

What are you replacing them with?

Ryan B.

I'm going to replace the entire mirror once the towing mirrors become available.  I just had to take this one apart to put on a new cap because when I tried to put the old one back on  a tab broke. This is when I found out you have to take it apart to put the cap on.