I have an unusual issue with my truck that started this morning. I tried to start my truck with the key fob remote start however it didn't start the truck. I was able to start it with the key however after using the truck i turn the truck off as usual and 5 minutes later i went to start it and nothing. when i put the key in the ignition the chime doesn't work, the engine wont crank, the key fob doesn't work ,essentially it like the battery is completely dead however i was able to start it the GMC app. \But even when ot was running i put the key turn it into the on position and it was like the key was engage. I can do everything (put the truck in gear etc) but the engine will not run or crank. I was able to get it started eventually (i don't know how) and the service engine light came on. I brought it the dealer to get the code and they said something about high voltage code however until they can look at they don't know if its under warranty or not.

My question is has anyone experience this or have any suggestion? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Best Regards

2 hours ago, Rhyja said:

I have an unusual issue with my truck that started this morning. I tried to start my truck with the key fob remote start however it didn't start the truck. I was able to start it with the key however after using the truck i turn the truck off as usual and 5 minutes later i went to start it and nothing. when i put the key in the ignition the chime doesn't work, the engine wont crank, the key fob doesn't work ,essentially it like the battery is completely dead however i was able to start it the GMC app. \But even when ot was running i put the key turn it into the on position and it was like the key was engage. I can do everything (put the truck in gear etc) but the engine will not run or crank. I was able to get it started eventually (i don't know how) and the service engine light came on. I brought it the dealer to get the code and they said something about high voltage code however until they can look at they don't know if its under warranty or not.

My question is has anyone experience this or have any suggestion? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Best Regards

If it is the original battery, replace it. Remote start will not work because of the CEL that you had.