Extra TPMS sensors supplied with your truck?

Hey everyone,

Hoping you all can help me get to the bottom of this. In past youtube reviews etc I heard people talking about how the Silverado's also came with 4 EXTRA additional TPMS sensors for a trailer etc. My truck did not come with said sensors.

According to my build sheet I do have the RPO code "PTT" which is supposed to be for Trailer Tire Pressure Monitors. My dealer says they aren't familiar with that and are unsure of extra sensors. 

So, did any of you get extra sensors? I'm in Oregon for what it's worth, maybe it depends on what geographical area you are in? who knows...

TPMS_PTT.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-02 at 4.09.03 PM.png

Edited by FirstAscent

Mine came in a plastic bag in the glove box. I assume you also have “ZL6” in your RPO list as noted in that image? Do you have the trailering app on your infotainment? Does it give you the option for trailer tire pressure setup in the advanced set up menu?

1 minute ago, OnTheReel said:

Mine came in a plastic bag in the glove box. I assume you also have “ZL6” in your RPO list as noted in that image? Do you have the trailering app on your infotainment? Does it give you the option for trailer tire pressure setup in the advanced set up menu?

the ZL6 code (as noted by the "1") is only required for certain trim levels, the RST and LT Trail Boss. I attached a screenshot of the order of trim levels for easy reference. I have the High Country so nothing additional is needed outside of PTT, according the the RPO codes I've read that is. I do have the trailering app, I haven't gone through that section in detail though. 

I don't even own a trailer so I don't have current use for them. But if they were supposed to come with the truck, I sure as heck want them :) I'll run out to the truck in a bit and go through the advanced setup menu and see what I see. 

Screen Shot 2019-02-02 at 4.09.03 PM.png

Sorry, couldn’t see you had a High County from the mobile site...Advanced Trailering/ Trailer TPMS is standard on LTZ and up, so yours must have walked away.

I’m not surprised that nobody knows what your talking about. My salesman didn’t know what they were for. But thankfully they were included.

Just now, OnTheReel said:

Sorry, couldn’t see you had a High County from the mobile site...Advanced Trailering/ Trailer TPMS is standard on LTZ and up, so yours must have walked away.

I’m not surprised that nobody knows what your talking about. My salesman didn’t know what they were for. But thankfully they were included.

Oh no problem, yeah it shows in my Sig below but I know that doesn't show up on the mobile site. 

Yeah my sales guy said he's talked to everyone he knows including the sales manager and they've never heard of this. I didn't have the most faith in his knowledge when I bought it so I take his words with a very large grain of salt haha. 

Thanks for confirming you did get them, makes me feel like I'm not crazy haha

It shouldn’t be too difficult for one of them to go look in the glovebox of another LTZ or HC sitting on their lot, but I know how that goes.

I’ll try to get a photo and / or part numbers of what I have in a little bit so you can go in next time armed with some more information. They aren’t cheap and you definitely should get them. If I had to guess, someone doing the PDI or whatever took them out thinking they were extras? No idea.

• Like 1

for extra clarification I opened a chat session on Chevrolet . com and they confirmed I should have received them. He was going to forward this to a senior rep to help resolve this with the dealer and said they contact me within two days.

I also send a friendly email to my sales guys simply stating that the chevy rep confirmed I should have gotten them and asked if he could confirm that other LTZ and/or High Country trim levels currently on the lot have them in the glove box. 

It's pretty clear in the Order Guide that a 2019 1500 LTZ or HC should have had them included.

They are an optional part with ZL6 on LT, RST and LT Trail Boss  (1LT, 1SP and 2LT) trims. 

Sierra they come with SLT, AT4 and Denali trim.

Available on SLE (3SA) and Elevation Double Cab (3SB) trims

• Like 1

It’s amazing that not a single person at the dealership has any idea about the features of one of the largest volume models chevy sells. Just proves that the consumer has to educate themselves cause the people there to “help” don’t have a f”&$@@$) clue!

• Like 2

Thanks everyone! Truly appreciate all the confirmations. Yeah it’s sad that I have to convince them and show proof to get them to pick up their feet to actually try instead of getting responses like,
“I spent quite a bit of time running around checking on the TPMS sensors for you”

Well you didn’t try that hard, it took me all of 10 minutes to verify with all of you on here as well as a GM representative via their online chat.

I don’t expect them to know every detail about the truck, and people make mistakes, but this is past that and it’s just a little frustrating even though it’s for a small item like this