2019 Camper Shell Cap Pictures

52 minutes ago, Irishmedic said:

Dmouton, did u remove the “leer emblem and writing” off the back glass of the cap?

Yes I removed the words Leer that was right above the handle. The emblems are still on the side just because they are sunk in and don't want the empty indention where they would be. Yesterday I also removed GMC and Sierra off the tailgate. 

20200309_122544.jpg

I just picked up a leer 100xr for my 2020 trailboss. Can anyone with leer cap post some close up pictures of the rear door open and closed, specifically the side corners. Seems like the door of mine is not closing fully due to excess weather strip, or it being improperly trimmed weather strip. Thanks 

That is a beautiful looking truck and cap combo! Stylish lines and windows that really match your truck glass!  Any chance you can get us pics of the rear curved glass on this Revo? There are no pics that I have been able to find for this cap on the ARE website for these new body style '19-'20 1500 GM trucks. 

Excellent choice adding the top rack, the items you can load up there are amazing! Extremely versatile.

2 hours ago, RJay678 said:

That is a beautiful looking truck and cap combo! Stylish lines and windows that really match your truck glass!  Any chance you can get us pics of the rear curved glass on this Revo? There are no pics that I have been able to find for this cap on the ARE website for these new body style '19-'20 1500 GM trucks. 

Excellent choice adding the top rack, the items you can load up there are amazing! Extremely versatile.

I’ll try to get some more pictures for you later this week. If I’m honest, I’m not overly impressed with the curved back glass being that much better. I personally prefer the bottom on the CX Classic with the attached lip, but I wanted keyless entry. 

15 minutes ago, nycen said:

I’ll try to get some more pictures for you later this week. If I’m honest, I’m not overly impressed with the curved back glass being that much better. I personally prefer the bottom on the CX Classic with the attached lip, but I wanted keyless entry. 

Thanks nycen. Will look forward to those pics when you get a chance to post them. I could not find a single ARE dealer in my area who had a Revo in stock so I could look closely at that curved back glass. Seems like most ARE and Leer dealers in the area are happy to handle 2 or 3 cap styles and know very little about the rest of the caps from that company. There just aren't that many choices in caps for these new style GM trucks. But there definitely are more choices available than a year ago. Bought the new truck in mid January. I was shocked at the limited number of caps available when I started looking. Thanks to this forum and the amazing amount of information provided by the members, I was able to find out far more than I could from either Leer or ARE. My thanks to all of you members, this forum rocks! 

Enjoy that great looking truck and cap of yours!

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 7:07 PM, Dmouton said:

Well I finally got good weather since I got my Leer 100XL installed and was able to wash her for pictures finally. I've always had ARE Z Series but didn't like Z2. Ordered this and I like it better. 

20200307_173518.jpg

20200307_173912.jpg

Are you able to use the multi-pro tailgate? Without opening the rear window? Can you still use the remote tailgate opening? Thanks looks great, hope to order one this week.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Londart2020 said:

Are you able to use the multi-pro tailgate? Without opening the rear window? Can you still use the remote tailgate opening? Thanks looks great, hope to order one this week.

No, you have to open camper to use multi-pro gate. There won't be any camper top that allows this because there is a lip that covers the edge of tailgate. This also won't allow the remote tailgate opening, which none of that bothers me. You can open multi-pro gate then close rear window if you want though.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Londart2020 said:

Just ordered my Leer XL today. They said 4-6 weeks...wowzeers. This is the first canopy I have ever bought and they sure don't give these things away...Pics when it arrives.

Mine came in within 2 weeks. Leer shells come in quicker than ARE. ARE took 7 weeks. I drove 1 hour to get my shell $600 cheaper than local dealer. It's sad that the local dealer wouldn't match the other dealers price since it was going to be my 3 shell purchasing from them. It wasn't on sale either, it was their regular price. Looking forward to your pics.

• Like 1

Ordered a Leer cap March 2nd. Projected lead time was 4 weeks. Dealer just called first thing this morning, cap arrived late yesterday. Going to get it installed today. So only 17-18 days!  Really thought it would be longer with everything that is happening right now! Hoping for the best to all of you guys with caps on order!

• Like 1

On 3/10/2020 at 8:40 PM, Dmouton said:

Yes I removed the words Leer that was right above the handle. The emblems are still on the side just because they are sunk in and don't want the empty indention where they would be. Yesterday I also removed GMC and Sierra off the tailgate. 

20200309_122544.jpg

When you removed the GMC emblem was there a lot of adhesive left on the truck? Just watched a YouTube video and after the guy removed the chrome and red part there was a large black backing that held it on. If so how did you remove it?

1 hour ago, Londart2020 said:

When you removed the GMC emblem was there a lot of adhesive left on the truck? Just watched a YouTube video and after the guy removed the chrome and red part there was a large black backing that held it on. If so how did you remove it?

There was a lot behind the GMC because it's so large. I also took Sierra off but it wasn't near as hard as the GMC. I used an eraser wheel attached to a drill. Made it really easy. On my other truck I sat there and rubbed it off with my fingers and after a while it's not so pleasant on the fingers. Eraser wheel first then sprayed a gunk remover and wiped clean. Don't leave any scratches. Bought mine on Ebay for $6. 

Screenshot_20200320-175947_eBay.jpg