2019 Camper Shell Cap Pictures

• 2 weeks later...

Londart, the 100XL looks great on your truck! 8 1/2 weeks? A VERY long wait. The raised X31 badges appear to clear the cap fine. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/6/2020 at 2:42 PM, RJay678 said:

Londart, the 100XL looks great on your truck! 8 1/2 weeks? A VERY long wait. The raised X31 badges appear to clear the cap fine. 

Thank you. Yeah no problems with the fit.

• 3 months later...

I priced out a Leer 100xr with a fold down solid front window, led lights and carpet for the liner out the door installed is 2287$ is this about right? I also got a quote for the bedrug which is another 450$. 6-8 weeks for delivery due to covid...

Toppers look pretty good not as good as the previous generation but they're growing on me. I will be ordering a Leer 100xr and bedrug kit sometime in the spring. Anyone have a double cab with a shell they can post?

Edited by Genesis
price check

On 11/20/2020 at 2:11 PM, Steve-2019 said:

Not the greatest angle, but here's my Leer.

IMG_20200527_104645.thumb.jpg.f069ef607a2fa83baf46606b85808743.jpg

Is that a 100xr? Overall how happy are you with the shell? I have always had snugtop shells and they do not sell them around here so I am looking at Leer.

On 3/23/2020 at 3:22 PM, RJay678 said:

Leer 100XQ was installed last Friday. First thing I noticed when I opened the cap rear door were the concealed, flat door hinges. Online videos I viewed of the 100XQ showed the "C" hinges, like on the ARE Z2. Those videos were pre-T1 GM trucks. When I closed the cap rear door, I noticed the obvious, Leer has a new mold for these T1 100XQ's, at least this Multi Pro Tailgate model. The top of the cap is no longer smooth all the way across. The contours start at the front of the cap, inline with the two main truck cab contours, and run the full length of this cap to the back. The center section of the cap is lower than the outer sides, height matches much better to the cab/spoiler. The contours run directly over the hinge mount location. That may be why these new 100XQ's have the flat exterior hinges as compared to the previous"C" hinges. Clearance/mounting issues with the "C" style hinges in this contour area. 

Overall fit is good, the bottom edges of the cap are smooth, no obvious chips or cracks. Paint color match is also good. Rear door closes okay and it fits the Multi Pro Tailgate.

Ordered this with the Leer plug and play T connector. A thank you to ShamrockShooter for that advice back on page 2, I had no idea that connector was available. No warning messages or other display screen/electrical issues so far, have not tested a trailer connection yet.  

I will try to post 2 sets of pics, some with this post showing side and rear view, more on a future post showing views of the cap top shape. First attempt trying to post pics..

1148237513_100XQSideView.thumb.png.d334597693066d00035cc1f558d2631a.png

762673289_100XQRearView.thumb.png.0b546940855e6982534de707b60f644e.png

801417421_100XQRearAnglewLadderMultiPro.thumb.png.f67242f019322ea645642625157b0aab.png

What can you tell me about ordering your topper? When looking on Leers website, it says 100XQ does not fit with multi pro tailgate.....

17 hours ago, Genesis said:

Is that a 100xr? Overall how happy are you with the shell? I have always had snugtop shells and they do not sell them around here so I am looking at Leer.

Yes it is a 100XR.  Very satisfied with it.  This would be my 5th Leer over many years with past Chevy trucks and have "never" had any issues with them. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, polarys425 said:

What can you tell me about ordering your topper? When looking on Leers website, it says 100XQ does not fit with multi pro tailgate.....

Unfortunately so many companies do not update their websites! I have not reviewed the Leer site recently, but when I ordered the 100XQ cap their site said it was not available for the Multi Pro tailgate! Purchased the truck in early January, contacted and visited several topper dealers about availability on the 100XQ for Multi Pro tailgate, they were clueless, or didn't want to take the time to check it out. Not one dealer had a 100XQ Chevy cap in stock. Early March went in to see a dealer who knows his stuff and asked him if Leer had any plans to offer the 100XQ for the 2020 GMC 1500 crew cab, short box, with the Multi Pro tailgate. He immediately picked up the phone, called his inside sales guy at Leer, the guy said they had finished the mold and the dealer could order the topper. Placed the order while I was there, it arrived 2-3 weeks later.  I would be very specific when ordering from any Leer dealer that the sales order and invoice include, in writing, not only your GMC truck model information but also specifies GMC Multi Pro Tailgate. It is a different topper than the 100XQ Chevy cap with the standard tailgate. I assume by now dealers should have received pricing/part numbers from Leer, but who knows? They may still have to call Leer. 

2 hours ago, RJay678 said:

Unfortunately so many companies do not update their websites! I have not reviewed the Leer site recently, but when I ordered the 100XQ cap their site said it was not available for the Multi Pro tailgate! Purchased the truck in early January, contacted and visited several topper dealers about availability on the 100XQ for Multi Pro tailgate, they were clueless, or didn't want to take the time to check it out. Not one dealer had a 100XQ Chevy cap in stock. Early March went in to see a dealer who knows his stuff and asked him if Leer had any plans to offer the 100XQ for the 2020 GMC 1500 crew cab, short box, with the Multi Pro tailgate. He immediately picked up the phone, called his inside sales guy at Leer, the guy said they had finished the mold and the dealer could order the topper. Placed the order while I was there, it arrived 2-3 weeks later.  I would be very specific when ordering from any Leer dealer that the sales order and invoice include, in writing, not only your GMC truck model information but also specifies GMC Multi Pro Tailgate. It is a different topper than the 100XQ Chevy cap with the standard tailgate. I assume by now dealers should have received pricing/part numbers from Leer, but who knows? They may still have to call Leer. 

Thanks for the info, that will help. Around about how much did yours run?

Long shot, but I’ve got a Satin Steel Metallic LEER XR Cap for a short bed for sale. Located near Charlotte, NC. I bought it for my Sierra but it does not fit right and is rubbing above the tail lights. Should fit a Silverado without issue. Here’s a link to the ad:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/887003445371472/

Edited by TheBetzWay
Typo

1 hour ago, TheBetzWay said:

Long shot, but I’ve got a Satin Steel Metallic LEER XR Cap for a short bed for sale. Located near Charlotte, NC. I bought it for my Sierra but it does not fit right and is rubbing above the tail lights. Should fit a Silverado without issue. Here’s a link to the ad:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/887003445371472/

Too bad about the fit as I have the exact same truck.