My All Terrain

Well, got the truck yesterday. I have been rolling a 2000 Yukon XL leveled on 33's for about 6 years now, and figured it was time to retire her. Found this on Carmax, and it was the closest thing to what I wanted in my price range. I had enough set aside to do a lift, wheels and tires, and a few other things right out of the gate. Thought I would start a progress thread to keep track.......here is what I am starting with......

2015 GMC Sierra SLT

All Terrain Package

Sunroof

Tow Package

Navigation

file1.thumb.jpeg.5af1e943a6adac0823ffb884c1db76ba.jpeg

file.thumb.jpeg.eb31efb0cfff025c488d79d8de4b719e.jpeg

List of things I am looking at doing...............

6.5 inch lift from superlift

35x12.5x22 Vision Rocker wheels wrapped in Atturo Trail Blade MT's

Amp Research power steps

In Grill light bar

Weather Tech mats

Spray In bed liner

Undercover Swing case

Tonneau Cover of some sort

Bed Lighting

41 minutes ago, chefchoy said:

Weather Tech mats

Undercover Swing case

Bed Lighting

Get Husky mats not weather tech. The WT are too stiff and slide around, they end up curling up. Husky are thicker, rubber-like material that do not deform. I highly recommend Husky brand.

I also highly recommend the undercover swingcase. I would get two if I didn't fit everything I needed in one.

Ditto what doozer said about the bed lighting: I don't know the GMC packages, but My '15 chevy LT Z71 came with bed lighting as part of the all-star package. Yours should have it already?

Edited by aseibel

Looking forward to seeing the progress! That looks like the exact same truck I leased for the past 3 years that I ended up turning in. 2015 All Terrain, SLT, Black, Sunroof, Nav but no tow package (I dont think). Loved that truck!

Edited by Cupton

23 hours ago, Denali34 said:

Congrats on your truck! Very nice. Does it have the 6.2 with the tow package? 

I wish........it was a tough find. I just have the 5.3 with the tow package. I immediately realized that its a turd towing my 14ft trailer......maybe some upgrades are going to be needed after I add the 35's

I wish........it was a tough find. I just have the 5.3 with the tow package. I immediately realized that its a turd towing my 14ft trailer......maybe some upgrades are going to be needed after I add the 35's

Any count it’s a nice truck. Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 2/14/2019 at 9:50 AM, doozer78 said:

Unless it was an option it should have bed lighting already. My 14 Allterrain came with it. Its activated with cargo light switch.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Nice, glad you said something, cause I didnt even know it was there, I may look into upgrading it though, its not real bright.........

On 2/14/2019 at 10:40 AM, chefchoy said:

Well, got the truck yesterday. I have been rolling a 2000 Yukon XL leveled on 33's for about 6 years now, and figured it was time to retire her. Found this on Carmax, and it was the closest thing to what I wanted in my price range. I had enough set aside to do a lift, wheels and tires, and a few other things right out of the gate. Thought I would start a progress thread to keep track.......here is what I am starting with......

2015 GMC Sierra SLT

All Terrain Package

Sunroof

Tow Package

Navigation

file1.thumb.jpeg.5af1e943a6adac0823ffb884c1db76ba.jpeg

file.thumb.jpeg.eb31efb0cfff025c488d79d8de4b719e.jpeg

6.5 inch lift from superlift

35x12.5x22 Vision Rocker wheels wrapped in Atturo Trail Blade MT's

Amp Research power steps

In Grill light bar

Weather Tech mats

Spray In bed liner

Undercover Swing case

Tonneau Cover of some sort

Bed Lighting

Nice truck. All terrains are my favorite truck. Really did not know to much about them when I got mine or definitely would have got one.

1 hour ago, Denali34 said:

Any count it’s a nice truck. Congrats

Man, jsut checked out yours.....That is the exact look that I am going for. Question, my wheels are -51 offset, did you have to add wheel spacers to the rear to get the wheels to look even? Yours looks GREAT!

Man, jsut checked out yours.....That is the exact look that I am going for. Question, my wheels are -51 offset, did you have to add wheel spacers to the rear to get the wheels to look even? Yours looks GREAT!

Thank you very much.
Mine are -18 offset. They do not have spacers and I like the stance. It does scrub on the inner fender at full lock even with the 4” lift. If I added 1” to the front it wouldn’t.

Well, I guess I am going to name this the GM rattle. Noticed this with my dads 14 Silverado,  and heard it today in mine. It was a rattle coming from under my steering column....pulled the plastic cover to reveal the “belly pan”. All the screws were loose causing this annoying rattle. Both my dads truck as well as mine have 30k on the odometer......kinda feel like a 40k dollar truck shouldn’t have a rattle......but glad it was an easy fix...just some lock tight and a ratchet. One other note, his was assembled in Canada and mine in Mexico.

50A1AF5B-15A8-4D5D-8466-C990F03F13D8.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Well, got the Truck from Carmax and there was a plethora of minor things that needed to be fixed. Tear in the drivers leather, some scratches and body work that needed to be addressed. Between it being in the body shop and upholstery shop, I was able to squeeze the lift and alignment in. Happy with how it turned out, but have some minor trimming to do yet. Once it comes back out of the shop[ I will address it. I went with the Superlift 6.5" lift and I opted for the upgraded Bilstien Shocks. Lift went in without any serious trouble........but It was a ton of work. It was my first suspension lift, and didnt realize how much had to be done. We removed basically the whole front end of the truck........half shafts, transfer case, power steering, rack and pinion.......everything. Glad its done. I then ordered my wheels and tires from Custom Offsets. I went with the 22" Vision Rocker wheel, -51 offset in the chrome and 35 series Atturo Trail Blade M/T tire. They came mounted and balanced with tire pressure sensors installed.

IMG_0860.JPG

IMG_0861.JPG

• Like 2

Nice rig man, I have a black 2015 AT too, DCSB though. I see you managed to get a lightbar behind the grille too. I made custom mounts and put a 30" back there and did the Morimoto HID conversion and LED fogs to address the poor lighting that the 14-15 GMC's had.