DOD lifter issue L83

I was hoping someone could shed some light for me. I have a 2014 Silverado L83 engine. Came in ticking and skipping. All the basics were in tip top shape. So we removed the heads and found a non dod lifter on number 8 to have locked up and ate the cam up. Customer not wanting to put a performance cam in it so we replaced cam and all lifters back to OE. We also had the ecm shipped off and the afm deleted from it. We got it back together and started the engine. It has a skip on number 6 which is a dod cylinder. We removed valve cover and Started it. The valves worked fine until oil pressure builds up and then both rockers stopped moving. Contacted the guy who deleted the afm from ecm and he said it has to be the VLOM. So I purchased a new VLOM from the dealer. Started it back up and doing same thing. I know it isn’t the computer turning it off because I have the 5 pin connector that plugs into the VLOM disconnected. Would anybody know what’s causing this?