What was/is GM Thinking???

On 2/26/2019 at 7:25 AM, diyer2 said:

Disagree.

My 2012 has been good.

Bought in November of 2015 with 41 K miles.

They are not all problem trucks.

:)

Yeah  got one with 88882 miles on it   6.0L    Wednesday Engine

and is set to have it's oil changed at 89500 +-100 miles

IT IS DUE for a serpentine  belt change the hybrid system burns threw them quickly with the High Speed starts

100,000 miles  will have all the fluids changed even though they are  like "new" condition..

except for the power steering as it's ELECTRIC ..

Maintenance is the KEY

dirty OIL = bad for engine   = bad for AFM as it's relies on the  oil ...

So for it to work correctly you need CLEAN oil..

I admit I had a few issues but it was isolated to my MAP sensor being tampered with at a Chain repair shop... :nono:

and the other issue I had was not correctly seated air filter... 

On 2/26/2019 at 11:08 AM, Sierra Dan said:

I think I found my answer.

From the GM Fleet website:

StabiliTrak® helps improve vehicle stability, particularly during emergency maneuvers. The StabiliTrak® control module compares your steering input with the vehicle’s actual response and, if necessary, makes small, individual brake and engine torque applications to enhance control and help you keep on track. StabiliTrak® automatically intervenes when it senses loss of lateral traction.

So the computer does something to the engine itself to reduce torque? It takes over the engine?

No wonder! Sheesh, so it's not just brake related. Kind of like throwing a wrench into a cogwheel in motion. :smash:

(not using the cellphone btw) well it did save my ass from wreaking out on a 2 lane highway (6/15) yesterday    it's not totally garbage...  lost focus on driving  for a second ...     saved my ass  as I was able to correct the direction on the spot ..  it was curvy road   ....  I have driven this road several times,,  it's not a short cut or anything... but offers slightly better fuel mileage...

dirt shoulders are bad news  most of the time as soon as you hit the dirt at 45-50mph you are screwed

the worst thing could have happened without is being dead or hurt pretty bad.. right now .    I don't think i would have faired well in a correction with out it.. since it's hard to predict what will happen.. (aka over or under correction)....

but the hybrid does have a lower center of gravity  (Height is lowered)

it was a split second correction at 45-50mph 

100%  guarantee you could NOT  do  WHAT I DID  with the reg Tahoe without flipping it....

not even an adrenaline rush   since it's "everyday" driving IN LA.. aka desensitized..

Edited by bg1988