Aftermarket Surround View?

I'm curious as well.   I have a Silverado LTZ with Safety \ Convenience 1 and 2 and I have the rear camera showing the hitch area etc.  I would love to be able to just buy the one from the technology package and plug it in.   Does anyone know if that's a possibility?   If it's a wireless signal to the mirror you would think I could just ply one in and synch it somehow?

• 6 months later...
On 2/26/2019 at 10:44 AM, Smitty said:

I'm curious as well.   I have a Silverado LTZ with Safety \ Convenience 1 and 2 and I have the rear camera showing the hitch area etc.  I would love to be able to just buy the one from the technology package and plug it in.   Does anyone know if that's a possibility?   If it's a wireless signal to the mirror you would think I could just ply one in and synch it somehow?

Any updates on adding surround vision, I have a Sierra slt too with the same packages.  Wanted to add the surround vision from GM if possible, probably would need an update on the system.  Crossing my fingers hopefully possible, don’t really want to go aftermarket if we can just add it.  Let me know tx 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I have a 2020 Sierra 1500.  I wanted as surround camera but I did not want to pay $60,000 to get a truck that would have one from the factory.  I was told by the sales staff that there was a local company that would install an aftermarket system for me.  I went ahead and bought the truck I had been looking at and then took it to this shop in the first week I owned it.  They needed to order the system, and that took a week.  They had experience installing this system and a good relationship with the company they ordered it from. 

They installed it, which took them a day, but when they went to test and calibrate it, it interfered with the electronics in the truck, such as the tire pressure sensors.  They had to take the whole thing out and refund my deposit.  I suggested that I try to buy another brand and they said they would not try to install it for me even if I did.  As I looked into it further, I found that although there are many after market brands, they are all based on some technology sold by one company in China so they would likely all have the same problem.  In addition, that company that produced the technology apparently was no longer producing it so that when the inventory was sold, likely there would be no replacement parts, etc.  The system was hard wired in, not wireless.

I am really looking forward to having another solution available, hopefully wireless, and I keep looking.  I have surround cameras on another vehicle and I swore I would never have another vehicle without it, but ironically, now I do. 

What I eventually did was install some cameras that are made for 18 wheel trucks on the front and the back and on both sides. The side ones are mounted on brackets on the leading edge of on my bed top so they stick out as far as my side mirrors.  They are wireless cameras so I only needed to provide them power.  They are a poor substitute as they are made to be up on the sides of a big rig trailer, not on a pickup truck, and thus do not have as wide an angle view as would be ideal, but for now they will have to do.

• Like 1

PS, the surround systems are sold on Amazon and the installers, that refused to try another system, said that if I were to just power up another system without installing it, that would probably be enough to show if it would interfere, but like I said, they were not willing to take a chance on trying that technique.

I passed on custom trims becasue of this very problem ( not surround but features i wanted )

everything is tied into factory module i believe, if your really savvy with computer/audio stuff will help.........find a Denali wrecked and rip off mirrors, cameras, wiring harnesses and module under passenger footwell and you would still need a high enough trim level to accept it if its even possible

infotainment.com

MVI    

these are 2 of the go toos for tech pkgs.....

best bet is to just buy interior and technology from factory, tons of threads on peeps trying to make lower trims high end trims on T1.....expensive, PITA, or not even possible alot of times........also warranty issues possibly