Truck broken into. FAST too!

My brother in law always carries. He carries a little thing that the case looks like a wallet. He always says a crook doesn't follow laws, he's leveling the field. The big one is within easy reach in his ride. I'm hoping for nation wide carry, then I'm in. If I ever get scared it's over I'll carry. I hate guns with a passion, but I believe in the right to carry. I have them and know how to use them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Why do you hate guns with a passion, but still own them???

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 hour ago, diyer2 said:

I will give any employer the benefit of doubt by banning guns in your vehicles.

This way an employee that goes postal doesn't have access to a gun on employers property.

But at the same time taking away my rights.

And my rights to defend myself if needed.

I conceal carry. My gun is always on me.

Never left in a vehicle.

But some places are posted no firearms allowed.

I try to avoid doing business with these places.

:)

It's too bad the OP's employer doesn't have a sign that says "No breaking into vehicles on company property" hanging somewhere.  Would have stopped the thief for sure.  

• Haha 2

Why do you hate guns with a passion, but still own them???

I hate what happens when the cowards get ahold of them. I hate that I feel like I have to have one. One of the nicest people I know has a arsenal. He doesn’t love guns. He afraid of not having one. I respect that normal people love guns, no problem. It’s a free country. I rather have one than not. There’s not too much to like about what one is capable of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate what happens when the cowards get ahold of them. I hate that I feel like I have to have one. One of the nicest people I know has a arsenal. He doesn’t love guns. He afraid of not having one. I respect that normal people love guns, no problem. It’s a free country. I rather have one than not. There’s not too much to like about what one is capable of.

When a sick idiot kills someone with a gun, that doesn't make me hate the gun. The gun didn't do it. When a drunk driver kills someone, that doesn't make me hate motor vehicles. It's the same thing. I have always liked guns and cars.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When a sick idiot kills someone with a gun, that doesn't make me hate the gun. The gun didn't do it. When a drunk driver kills someone, that doesn't make me hate motor vehicles. It's the same thing. I have always liked guns and cars.

Agree to point, with one exception. There’s no doubt you shoot at a person it’s going to hurt them. A person who drinks and drives believes they can get home safety. I like to drink, I like to drive. Not at the same time.

Agree to point, with one exception. There’s no doubt you shoot at a person it’s going to hurt them. A person who drinks and drives believes they can get home safety. I like to drink, I like to drive. Not at the same time.

Yep, but it's still the person, not the gun or car.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KARNUT said:

My brother in law always carries. He carries a little thing that the case looks like a wallet. He always says a crook doesn't follow laws, he's leveling the field. The big one is within easy reach in his ride. I'm hoping for nation wide carry, then I'm in. If I ever get scared it's over I'll carry. I hate guns with a passion, but I believe in the right to carry. I have them and know how to use them.

I've always had long guns around, since I was little. Was never interested in owning or carrying a pistol until the last several years. So I got my CCW license and bought a S&W .40 just to have. I still have never "carried" it anywhere except the back yard for target practice. But just like you said, if I ever feel I need it, its ready to go. I'm lucky to live in an area where I don't feel like I need it. (yet)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ammoaddict said:

What kind of place is that? Will they fire you if you don't open your vehicle for them to look?

2 hours ago, wforrest08 said:

Don’t know where he works but any Class 1 railroad will.

There’s probably more places like that than you’d think.  Given the amount of hooligans in today’s world it’s an understandable policy, but then again, do people with bad intentions follow policy?  I work in the resort business and this is the second property I’ve been at with this policy.  They will fire you if you don’t let them search your car.

On 3/2/2019 at 5:41 PM, Andrew Williams said:

I think this is probably your best option to make the truck a little more secure. I had their products in my jeep which was all too easy to break into especially with the soft top on. In the summer I left it unlocked if the soft top was on to prevent someone from slashing a window.

Tuffy makes a great product and their customer service is top notch. 

Also leaving a gun in a truck is just a risk I wouldn't take these days. Better to keep it on you. 

Gun theft is rampant where I live, and most are stolen from vehicles. 

There’s probably more places like that than you’d think.  Given the amount of hooligans in today’s world it’s an understandable policy, but then again, do people with bad intentions follow policy?  I work in the resort business and this is the second property I’ve been at with this policy.  They will fire you if you don’t let them search your car.
How often do they actually search someone's car?

25 minutes ago, ammoaddict said:

How often do they actually search someone's car?

Only once in the five years I’ve been around.  It wasn’t a gun though that they were looking for though.

Only once in the five years I’ve been around.  It wasn’t a gun though that they were looking for though.
I live in NC, I had to pay $100 for a concealed carry class, then $90 at the sheriff's office, then $75 every 5 years to renew. It really makes me mad to have to pay to exercise my constitutional rights, then some one can legally deny my rights. That's just messed up.

• Like 1

I couldn’t live in a blue state with their anti gun laws. Because remember we legal gun owners are considered criminals most of the time. Thank god in Indiana they passed a law allowing firearms in vehicles at your place of business. Remember vote red...ok there’s my rant for the day lol. Sorry to hear of your truck though, I know the feeling of having a vehicle being broken into

• Like 5