Truck broken into. FAST too!

From what I can see in the rain, just the lock cylinder and handle are jacked up. 

Im thinking about removing the lock cylinder and putting a blank on it, then run a battery tender cable to the grill Incase battery dies. Then I just have to hope the remote unlock system never takes a complete dump. 

I know the cops, and they haven’t looked at any video besides what I sent them from my dash cam. It’s a big city with bigger fish to fry unfortunately. And i know, I work closely with most of them. Happened in the same city I work for. The car had a paper plate taped over their real plate, which I’m sure was stolen. 

With any luck, the pieces of shit got hit by a train on their way back home. 

• Like 1

If you guys leave your weapon in the console to run into a store regularly, please invest in a small safe, even the cheaper ones that get secured with the steel wire. You just loop the steel wire around a secure piece of metal and tuck the safe away. It may avoid this quick smash and grab.

You can remove the glove box and loop the wire around the main dash support and then leave the safe inside the glove box. Unless they have a big bolt cutter, they cant take it and run.

Like this one

I doubt they can take the truck in 59 seconds, being that you need the rf chip in the key to allow them to drive off takes a while to reprogram a fresh key, and the key fob dosn't offer much for them except to open doors. machinist punch or a ceramic spark plug thrown at the window is the equivalent to a thief.

my truck came from a dealer with a KARR alarm disabler. wich locks out the column and cuts fuel, also comes with a return on salvage cost or new truck..

Edited by flyingfool

I actually had 2 guns in the console, they only stole 1, the $400 ruger and left the cheap $200 Taurus that was sitting next to it. Picky thieves!

I keep the cheapy Taurus in the truck at all times, and the ruger was my backup carry gun. Main main carry gun was on me. 

If im at work and go somewhere afterwards I’ll use my backup carry (since my primary is in the safe at home)

this wont happen again. In the next couple weeks I’m tearing the console out and firing up the welder and building a safe system that will run off of vehicle ignition. If it has ignition it’s unlocked and once ignition is removed it locks. 

I dont want to fool with a dial combo safe or a keyed safe. 

And im thinking about doing a key cylinder delete and running a battery tender cable to the grill in case battery dies. But not sure I want to go that far yet. 

On 3/3/2019 at 8:32 AM, ammoaddict said:

You can't even have a firearm in your personal vehicle?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Company policy is no weapons in your vehicle even if you have a permit to carry.  They can search our vehicles at any time for any reason.

I just found out Friday that if I get into a motor vehicle accident outside of work, and the insurance company or police deem it my fault, I will be suspended for 6 months.

Then they  wonder why we can’t hire people...

Edited by rjpoog1989

Just talked with a guy in a supply house. He says his 16 got stolen lastnight. Says he went in and came back out 10 mins and it was gone. Says they disconnected the on star and it cant be tracked.

Since my truck doesn't have any of those factory options I wonder if the Dane can be easily done with aftermarket security systems.

Company policy is no weapons in your vehicle even if you have a permit to carry.  They can search our vehicles at any time for any reason.

I just found out Friday that if I get into a motor vehicle accident outside of work, and the insurance company or police deem it my fault, I will be suspended for 6 months.

Then they  wonder why we can’t hire people...

What kind of place is that? Will they fire you if you don't open your vehicle for them to look?

1 hour ago, rah7777777 said:

this wont happen again. In the next couple weeks I’m tearing the console out and firing up the welder and building a safe system that will run off of vehicle ignition. If it has ignition it’s unlocked and once ignition is removed it locks. 

So you would need to key on before you get the gun out in an emergency situation? I understand you may be carrying another on you, but when sh*t hits the fan....

47 minutes ago, ammoaddict said:

What kind of place is that? Will they fire you if you don't open your vehicle for them to look?

Don’t know where he works but any Class 1 railroad will.

9 minutes ago, 2017Darkness said:

So you would need to key on before you get the gun out in an emergency situation? I understand you may be carrying another on you, but when sh*t hits the fan....

I dont like that idea much, but yes. Better than trying to do a dial lock in a panic.

ideally i'd like to hook it to the factory door locks, so if i unlock the truck it unlocks the console. but i need to play around with adding a relay to bypass it so it doesnt lock again when I start driving, like the doors do. 

My end goal is console unlocks when the doors unlock and stays unlocked until I hit the lock button on the remote when I get where i'm going. 

I will give any employer the benefit of doubt by banning guns in your vehicles.

This way an employee that goes postal doesn't have access to a gun on employers property.

But at the same time taking away my rights.

And my rights to defend myself if needed.

I conceal carry. My gun is always on me.

Never left in a vehicle.

But some places are posted no firearms allowed.

I try to avoid doing business with these places.

:)

My brother in law always carries. He carries a little thing that the case looks like a wallet. He always says a crook doesn't follow laws, he's leveling the field. The big one is within easy reach in his ride. I'm hoping for nation wide carry, then I'm in. If I ever get scared it's over I'll carry. I hate guns with a passion, but I believe in the right to carry. I have them and know how to use them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk