RC or Readylift UCA's?

Hey guys, I've heard pros and cons on all things Rough Country. I ordered the 2.5 Motofab leveling kit for my truck, but trying to decide if I wanna do the RC upper arms and save money or spend a little more money and get the Readylift. Any comments or personal experiences would be awesome to hear.

6 hours ago, Jared Walters said:

Hey guys, I've heard pros and cons on all things Rough Country. I ordered the 2.5 Motofab leveling kit for my truck, but trying to decide if I wanna do the RC upper arms and save money or spend a little more money and get the Readylift. Any comments or personal experiences would be awesome to hear.

I have the readylift arms along with their 2.25 kit. Very rugged. However. With my OEM rally 22s (+24 offset) and stock 285 45 22, the tire rubs SO slightly. Right where the bead is, where it sticks out over the rim. I used ready lift .5" spacers with extended thread lugs to remedy it and its great.

14 hours ago, acinquegrana said:

I have the readylift arms along with their 2.25 kit. Very rugged. However. With my OEM rally 22s (+24 offset) and stock 285 45 22, the tire rubs SO slightly. Right where the bead is, where it sticks out over the rim. I used ready lift .5" spacers with extended thread lugs to remedy it and its great.

I ordered the Motofab 2.5 kit. Running stock 20s for now. Think I'm going to try the new RC arms, videos and people have been saying these new ones are stout and heavy so they should be good.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2019 at 8:07 PM, Jared Walters said:

I ordered the Motofab 2.5 kit. Running stock 20s for now. Think I'm going to try the new RC arms, videos and people have been saying these new ones are stout and heavy so they should be good.

I'm also looking at the RC UCA's so once you get them and install them let me know your thoughts. Thinking about these or cognito's when I swap my shocks and springs with Eibach's.

On 3/3/2019 at 10:52 PM, rastasquid said:

Does RC make a UCA that fits trucks with stamped steel arms? I didnt see anything on their website

According to rough country's site, their UCA's do not work with stamped steel. Only Cast steel, not sure about aluminum since they do not specify.

https://www.roughcountry.com/gm-forged-upper-control-arms-1940c.html

I have the old tube style RC arms on my 14 and have no issues, they did rub the tire when I was runnin stock 20s and 33x12.5s. I just installed the newer style RC arms on my sisters truck a week ago or so and they’re pretty beefy compared to the old style.