Recomendations for SuperChips FlashPaq settings?

So I have a 2018 Z71, 2.25" level kit in front and 3" lift blocks in the back to keep factory rake... Both lower air dams removed, 33" Ridgegrapplers mounted to stock wheels, metal skid plates, etc...

For the performance end, straight pipe from the CATs back, resonator and exhaust flapper removed.  Airaid MIT installed with a K&N air filter *very lightly oiled* so as not to mess with the MAF... in fact when I got the filter, I washed and cleaned it first, dried it and then lightly oiled it, as they shipped dripping wet and didn't want that in there.

I also modded the airbox so that instead of breathing through that little snorkel that extends into the passenger side fender area, it now breathes via the whole side of that box being opened up.  Still has the outer insert with the foam sealer on it, so it's not open to the engine compartment, but it does have the ability to draw in more air, easily...  May even open up the metal in that inner fender a tad to make it more efficient, and then put better foam sealer so make sure no water can splash up in there... 

Anyway, my question is that when I flashed the 91 octane performance map to the truck, it made a very positive difference.  I made sure it used all the "Superchips" defaults for things like shift points and shift torque, etc...  Added 20% sensitivity to the throttle so I don't have to mash it to the floor to get it to react, etc...

However, are there better settings to use on some of the things like torque or shifting?  The settings are usually "stock", "SuperChips Values" and then other options that frankly I don't know what they mean and I don't want to just guess and do trial and error...

Does anyone with a 17+ Silverado with the 5.3L and 6 speedy tranny(sorry, non-binary gender transmission) use the Flashpaq F5 and Performance map with settings better than the defaults that the tuner suggests?

• Like 1

I completed the airbox mod...  Took a Dremel and cutting wheel and opened up the sheet metal so that it matches the new larger opening on the airbox inlet.  Made sure it seals properly against the metal and only sucks air in from that fender area...  Then I cleaned the MAF sensor just for good measure.

Truck seems to run great, but if there are some better "performance" settings to try with the Flashpaq, I am open to hearing about them.  Not concerned with fuel economy, just performance and fun.  If I wanted better mileage I would have bought a Prius, not a big truck.  haha

If I go on a long trip and want to save a little on gas, there is an eco map in the Flashpaq that I can load before I go, and flip back to 91 performance when I get home...  :-)

• Like 1

Well, I just bought this one.  If I am gonna go and spend a bunch more money, I would rather just take the truck to Vengeance Racing and have them custom tune it.  I am overall happy with this tune, just curious if there are some even better settings, that's all...

• 8 months later...
On 3/4/2019 at 5:59 PM, Jacoby said:

Slang that Flashpaq and get a Intune I3 from Diablew and let him get your truck setup for you

Wow what a terrible answer that does not address the question. I also own a FLASHPAQ f5 and am looking to see if there is any more out of it via the settings.

I am so sick of reading when you guys just reccommend another tuner. That was not the question.

Any better/more fun settings would be greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Can't answer your question but im curious of the responses....i had mine on the 87 tune with custom options and it would not 1-2 upshift under WOT, you'd have to let off the throttle and it would shift. I pulled the tune off and went with all superchip options and reloaded it...shifts fine under WOT now. 

On 11/19/2019 at 6:01 PM, davevinc1080 said:

Wow what a terrible answer that does not address the question. I also own a FLASHPAQ f5 and am looking to see if there is any more out of it via the settings.

I am so sick of reading when you guys just reccommend another tuner. That was not the question.

Any better/more fun settings would be greatly appreciated.

Exactly.....straight up nonsense.....answer if you can help.....if not then dont recommended another tuner right off the bat

I have the super chips f5 tuner on my 2016 Silverado 5.3L 6 speed trans. The preset performance tune is close. Just need to turn up throttle response to at least 15%. Also disable afm/dod. There is no need for a custom tune unless you have a bunch of work done to your truck. ie. supercharger, turbo, heads, cam, headers, etc. An exhaust and cai don’t need anymore than this handheld tuner can do. Hope this answers your question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by txab
  • Like 3

• 1 year later...