Have any of you tried using drop shackles to level your truck? If so what brand did you use and how successful were they, I am looking into using them on my truck. I see a few on Amazon for the 2019 model but I am not sure if that means the new or old body style or if it even matters. 

I just bought a pair. The only manufacturer I could find is from Wulf Suspensions. They are adjustable from 1.5" to 2". I just received them last night and plan to install them this weekend. My truck only has a 1.5" rake so I am going to try the 1.5" hole. I called Belltech and Mcgaughys and they could not tell me when they would have some available.

7 hours ago, Billet Bowtie said:

I just bought a pair. The only manufacturer I could find is from Wulf Suspensions. They are adjustable from 1.5" to 2". I just received them last night and plan to install them this weekend. My truck only has a 1.5" rake so I am going to try the 1.5" hole. I called Belltech and Mcgaughys and they could not tell me when they would have some available.

Thank you let us know how it goes. 

I installed my drop shackles today. I installed them in the bottom hole which will give it less drop. The result is the truck now has a 1/2" rake on the drivers side and 3/8" on the passenger side. My truck had about a 1.5" rake to start with. If I would have installed the shackles in the 2" top hole I think the back might have been lower than the front. The install was pretty easy. There is a 3" gap above the frame to the bed so there is plenty of room to get the top shackle bolt out. The only thing I had to remove for installation was the rear exhaust tail pipe hanger bolts. They are in the way when trying to remove the lower shackle bolt. The truck drives exactly the same except you can feel it sits a little lower. 

Before install:

20190307_114425.jpg

Edited by Billet Bowtie
  • Like 1

Here is the exhaust hanger bolt that needs to be removed. One on the passenger side tail pipe and one on the drivers side. Also the electrical module on the passenger side circled below makes it hard to reach the back of the top bolt when trying to slide it out of the old shackle and back in the new shackle. You can still snake your hand around it but it is tight.

20190307_171852.jpg

Edited by Billet Bowtie
  • Thanks 1