Been waiting to sign up on this forum for a while now and share thoughts on this subject. We've had our 2023 High country 4x4 with has Adaptive Ride for a few weeks now yet really wanted to bring down the rear just a little bit to remove the rack.  What surprised me was how different our truck sat compared to every other 4x4 1500 chevy I've seen posted, not sure if its the high country suspension is different than others?  But there was only 1  1/16" difference if that from the front to the rear fenders to the ground.   I almost drilled another set of hole since I only wanted a 1/2" drop lol.  Lucking we end up with about a 1/2" rack.  Do love the way it looks now, wishing I could go lower both front and rear but thats not going to be easy with this adaptive ride crap lol.  Not sure how much this 1/2" lowering is really going to effects the adaptive ride or not time will tell or I wont even notice. 

Regarding the whole shaking feeling most of us all seem to get when slowing down, yes its there.  Wondering if it is also the torque convertor at those speeds causing some of this.   Ours did it prior but it does seem a little more pronounced now (kind of livable IMHO just for the looks alone).  It happens at around 27-22 ish mph when deceleration.  I've attempted in different gears in L with different throttle / loads trying to understand how to drive around it or to create it more so.   One thing no one mentioned that also changed when we did these drop shackles is that there is now polly bushings versus rubber.  So if there was some shaking or vibration to begin with, it would only be even more pronounce now.  Also the connection point between the rear left spring and the new shackle is now farther away creating even more room for defection/vibrations.  Not saying any of this is truth, just food for thought that no one has mentioned.   Wondering if there was a drop shackle kit that had rubber bushings instead, that it might help eliminate some of that vibration we are feeling with these lower cost kits.  The concept of why it should be equal angles totally makes sense though, might have figure out how to shim it. Probably the best video explaining it.

Anyway, I don't have before but it wasn't much different about 1/2" higher in the rear.  This is the first set of holes not the furthest out ones. Same kit everyone else is purchasing on amazon lol.

IMG_2009.JPG

IMG_2010.JPG

IMG_2011.JPG

Edited by Brad65ford
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the further insight. I have always notices the High Country trucks have the smallest amount of rake.

Can anyone suggest a YouTube how to on the shims? Or has anyone made a short video the are able to share?

What i haven't done is put in neutral  (not even sure you can with all these damn nannys on the truck) to see if it still does it and if its trans related.

Edit:

Its confirmed, putting into neutral removes the shacking.  Totally believe its in the trans doing it, just magnified when we do shackles.

Edited by Brad65ford

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I had the Maxtrac 2" shackles installed on my 24 Sierra Denali yesterday and I slightly noticed the vibration/shudder on deceleration between 27-22mph, right now it's not bad enough to take them off as I like the leveled look better. Is this something that will get worse with mileage, my truck currently has 400 miles. The shop that did my install said they could do the rough country rubber bushing drop shackles but would have to figure out something to do on the adaptive ride sensor, that is the only reason for going with Maxtrac shackles as it came with a new adaptive ride bracket to keep warning lights off.thumbnail(1).thumb.jpg.c59d74f057d675308e8f81e149da50a8.jpg

• 2 months later...
On 12/16/2023 at 12:55 PM, DwDrummer said:

I had the Maxtrac 2" shackles installed on my 24 Sierra Denali yesterday and I slightly noticed the vibration/shudder on deceleration between 27-22mph, right now it's not bad enough to take them off as I like the leveled look better. Is this something that will get worse with mileage, my truck currently has 400 miles. The shop that did my install said they could do the rough country rubber bushing drop shackles but would have to figure out something to do on the adaptive ride sensor, that is the only reason for going with Maxtrac shackles as it came with a new adaptive ride bracket to keep warning lights off.thumbnail(1).thumb.jpg.c59d74f057d675308e8f81e149da50a8.jpg

I have a 2022 GMC Elevation and would like to install the 2" drop shackles as well. You still having the slight vibration?

• 1 month later...
On 2/25/2024 at 7:12 AM, AvidR said:

I have a 2022 GMC Elevation and would like to install the 2" drop shackles as well. You still having the slight vibration?

Sorry for the late response but yes I do have a vibration on decel from 28-22mph. My brother has a truck just like mine that is not lowered in the rear and I can just slightly tell where his is but mine is extremely noticeable compared to his truck.