Just now, Passivaggressor said:

Put the shackles on mine on the 2" setting. I also experienced some vibration and spun the shims around. 

20190717_114236.jpg

Looks good :thumbs:. Spinning the shim does clear the vib. I like the looks of dropping the rear to level than raising the front.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

No vibration on the z71 trailboss so maybe only for 2wd & 4wd (no lift)? She still has a rake for a comfortable ride so just ordered these motofab strut spacers chasing the ilusive level comfortable TrailerBoss. Hopefully the Bag, Drop, chop does the trick. If not will prob go back to the stock shackle with these strut spacers. Will keep you posted! Pic of truck pre-1.5” read dropBC6ED428-C634-4FB2-9F9C-4E3FED227865.thumb.png.8204a78e7607f3fa74875afd463337df.png

A657BC33-7EEC-4C3D-97D6-87FF224C984B.jpeg

Got mine in today. Tried to install them on the higher set of holes and found that I still had about 3/4" of rake so I went ahead and went with the lower set. Also flipped around the shims just to be safe. no vibrations. Just need to adjust the headlights not and all should be good. 

Before:

IMG_1346.thumb.jpeg.2357db4626260ab63ccde366b637f100.jpeg

After:

IMG_1347.thumb.jpeg.34fb7feb977967bece08dbfc690e8b37.jpeg

• Like 5

• 2 months later...

Sorry for bringing a dead thread back up but sounds like everyone who installed lowering shackles ended up spinning the lower leaf shim. My kit is on the way and wanted to see if I should just spin mine regardless if itll vibrate or not just so I dont have to mess with it again. 

• 4 months later...

I bought a set of Max Trac shackles from Amazon for my 2019 Z71 and noticed that the bottom was .5 narrower than the factory ones. I decided not to do the install because of this. Has anyone else experienced this issue or would it have not made a difference?

• 1 month later...

For those of you who had the vibrations at 30 mph, was it a vibration like an out of balance tire, or more of a rumble in the cab? 

I am experiencing this even though i haven't lowered the rear. I think mine might be pinion angle related as well. It seems as though some trucks came with shims and others didn't.

On 1/25/2020 at 7:13 AM, TonyL said:

I bought a set of Max Trac shackles from Amazon for my 2019 Z71 and noticed that the bottom was .5 narrower than the factory ones. I decided not to do the install because of this. Has anyone else experienced this issue or would it have not made a difference?

I dont have any experience with the drop shackles, but and i'm not positive on this, they might of sent you the "old body style" shackles?

Just wanted to add some input here because I didn't see anything posted.

I have a 2020 custom 2wd crew cab. Had no shake slowing down at low speeds. Installed 2" drop shackles and now have the shake. Truck also came without any shims to rotate. Not sure what to do about the shake.

1st step should be to measure the angles per the link that is above and determine what angle you actually need. 

That said, I think the shims that are on my truck are 2 degrees. flipping the shims means we are changing the pinion angle by 4 degrees in the opposite direction because it is double the opposite direction. So if you just want to know what to buy, I'd buy a set of 2 and 4 degree shims and start with the 2 and work my way up to see if 2 is enough. Shims are cheap enough, it's just annoying to pull everything apart a bunch of times which is why it's best to measure.

Mine is back at stock height as I have been back and forth with the dealer to get new tires for another vibration. Just got the truck back today so I plan to go back to the drop shackles now. I'll try and get some measurements stock vs dropped with flipped shims since I have to go through the trouble of doing it over again.. 

• 4 weeks later...