It isn't possible.  GM will ALWAYS know if you have a tune unless you buy a 2nd computer and swap them before you go in for service.  Hell, they know if you leave the truck in M7 (or M5 depending on your trans) to keep it out of 4 cyl mode.
The real question is will they deny warranty coverage or make it extremely painful?  That will depend on the dealer and what warranty service your truck needs.  Some repairs require the dealer to download your ECU info and send it in before GM will approve the work.

Now sit back and watch the show...

5 minutes ago, paracutin said:

It isn't possible.  GM will ALWAYS know if you have a tune unless you buy a 2nd computer and swap them before you go in for service.  Hell, they know if you leave the truck in M7 (or M5 depending on your trans) to keep it out of 4 cyl mode.
The real question is will they deny warranty coverage or make it extremely painful?  That will depend on the dealer and what warranty service your truck needs.  Some repairs require the dealer to download your ECU info and send it in before GM will approve the work.

Now sit back and watch the show...

Thanks for the info, guess I’ll wait to do anything. 

I've had mine tuned when I hit 5000.

72,000 miles later and several updated tunes ,i still have a warranty... ?

But.. knock on wood.. haven't required a visit to the dealer.... 

As I am sitting here researching lower ball joints mine have 1/2" play in them....  grrr

Do it at your own risk. If a dealer really doesn't want to do warranty work they will play hard ball. It all depends on what personality of your dealer. Anytime you go in for something and leave it with them I would flash it back to stock tune.

Butttttttt... Just a transmission tune is Uber nice, full tune is niiiiiice. You'll hit the torque manager just unlocking the full potential of a completely stock vehicle in a WOT pull, then you can push that torque regulator up a bit. But it is a truck, not a Corvette, shouldn't be high in the RPM range very often

Edited by jaxcam02