Varying Ride Height

So, I recently traded in my 2016 double cab duramax for a 2019 crew cab gasser. Today I took off my winter tires and put on my summer wheel tire setup. These are the same wheels and tires I had on my 2016. They are rubbing. Was baffled why they would not rub on one truck but do on the other. Never touched torsion bars on either. Looked at photos of old truck and noticed that it sat an inch or so higher in front. Also the wheels seemed to be set back from front of wheel well about half an inch. Hoping that I can adjust torsion bars on new truck to get it to sit like the duramax did. Any thoughts? Thanks. Bob

IMG_20190312_150318_548.jpg

IMG_20160608_183241.jpg

• Like 1

Plow prep on one?  The diesel also has different torsion bars than the gas truck I think.  Dealer might have cranked the bars some.  They do around here apparently if they know you're putting a plow on.

Looking at your double cab, the front does seem higher as if the bars were up a bit.  Could have been like that based on engine option though.

I'd throw 5-6 turns at your crew cab and see if that resolves. 

Every full turn of the bolt is equal to .2" of height change.  What I did on mine was mark the bolt and the crossmember with a reference line and just counted the turns. 

Edited by newdude

2 hours ago, Skeld said:

Plow prep on one?  The diesel also has different torsion bars than the gas truck I think.  Dealer might have cranked the bars some.  They do around here apparently if they know you're putting a plow on.

Upfitter docs suggesting adjusting up when plwo put on and back down when season is over.

There is a 'Z' dimension that GM wants 'Z' set to for 'factory' ride and suspension travel in BOTH directions.

• Like 1

On 3/12/2019 at 2:01 PM, Paulismydog said:

So, I recently traded in my 2016 double cab duramax for a 2019 crew cab gasser. Today I took off my winter tires and put on my summer wheel tire setup. These are the same wheels and tires I had on my 2016. They are rubbing. Was baffled why they would not rub on one truck but do on the other. Never touched torsion bars on either. Looked at photos of old truck and noticed that it sat an inch or so higher in front. Also the wheels seemed to be set back from front of wheel well about half an inch. Hoping that I can adjust torsion bars on new truck to get it to sit like the duramax did. Any thoughts? Thanks. Bob

Nice looking truck, Bob!

What brand and specs are the wheels? What size BFGs? 

Thanks. American racing Mohave II. 17x8 00 offset. Tires are 285/70r17. 

American racing doesn't make them anymore. But can be had through summit or ebay. 130 apiece. As far as I can tell they are the only non faux beadlick... Etc wheels for these trucks. 

Edited by Paulismydog

On 3/15/2019 at 4:13 PM, Paulismydog said:

Thanks everyone. Having tortion bars adjusted and getting alignment on Monday. I also realized drivers side about inch lower than passenger. Drivers side is side rubbing. 

The good ole Chevy lean, haha. Most newer trucks sit nearly 1" different from side to side. I'm also surprised your 285/70/17's are rubbing at all. Must be the 0 offset that's causing problems.