It's here, well sort of...

My NEW ride is at the dealership, wow what a beauty, and the FIRST red one I have ever seen, I special ordered it, placed the order back in December, and it got here the other day..... be a few days before I can pick her up, as they are doing the pdi stuff, and adding a couple extras, and that's ok,  as the roads are still filthy and so is the weather..... probably going to be my last BIg purchase, so I want her right and to last..... as you can see . she still needs a bath and some detailing, but she is mine !

IMG_1215.JPG

• Like 3

THANKS  guys......I really appreciate the comments,  I am thinking this siren red is a rather rare beast, certainly for the dealerships for 'stock', not one on any lot anywhere in western Canada, that I could find.....she should look ok in the sun ............ and hopefully not too much like a fire truck ! :P

Somebody has a Suburban of this color in my neighborhood, and that's the first thing I think when I see it is fire truck! LOL

Yeah, dealerships never stock this color. The neutral/bland colors are the easiest to sell, so that's what they stock. I'd have preferred a blue myself, but was shopping for a closeout 2018 in dealer inventory, and couldn't find one in that color with the options/config I wanted, so settled for a Pepperdust with the exact options, minus the 22" wheels, but they look nice. :)

• Like 2

Thanks, if it looks like a 'Fire truck' I hope it looks like the SUPERVISOR'S truck LOL!!!  It is a color that I don't think I will get tired of, and yes I like the blue as well.......Pepperdust is also an easy one to do.....and yeah the neutral/bland colors are all the rage these days it seems, the sales manager told me he has never sold a red one, ever, and the main ones folks buy are the black and white ones........I love black, had a black IROC Camaro, couldn't keep it clean, not good for a daily driver in the crappy weather, so that was out....and I already had a white one, so that was a second choice, and I like this red, so that was the first choice.... lol..... I think I'm going to really like it, going to be a bit of getting used to, to go back to full size, but I'm up to the task.....

On 3/22/2019 at 10:49 AM, Mandalorian said:

What interior do you have?

Black perforated leather.... the Mrs, wasn't keen on the brown and the other colors really didn't do the truck full justice...she's mine now !

IMG_9099.JPG

• Like 3

There's one red one in my neighbourhood. I don't think it looks like  a fire truck. The tint coat differentiates  it from the red in a fire truck which is more bright. I have black leather  and it looks awesome. 

Edited by Mikey999
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Mikey999 said:

There's one red one in my neighbourhood. I don't think it looks like  a fire truck. The tint coat differentiates  it from the red in a fire truck which is more bright. I have black leather  and it looks awesome. 

Personally I don't think it looks like a fire truck, but some guys have mentioned that... maybe in jest.....in the sun it just pops......do we look like 'proud parents'?? LOL!!  It is an incredible piece of kit, I'm still learning about it, and I must say, the Borla pipes sound just perfect...... I'm lovin this rig....

I love the roar of the v8 on the suburban. And 6 speed tranny shifts  smooth  on acceleration like a tried and true  transmission. The fuel economy  for this beast  is phenomenal for its  size. I got a silver one . Many said i should go for black . And black looks mean and like  a limo. But i prefer the utility  of silver ice metallic. It reflects  the sun keeping vehicle  cooler in summer on top of it already being so well  insulated and it hides dirt and scratches  so well.  There's too many black ones on the road. Its nice to see other colors. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mikey999 said:

I love the roar of the v8 on the suburban. And 6 speed tranny shifts  smooth  on acceleration like a tried and true  transmission. The fuel economy  for this beast  is phenomenal for its  size. I got a silver one . Many said i should go for black . And black looks mean and like  a limo. But i prefer the utility  of silver ice metallic. It reflects  the sun keeping vehicle  cooler in summer on top of it already being so well  insulated and it hides dirt and scratches  so well.  There's too many black ones on the road. Its nice to see other colors. 

Around here, most people see a black Suburban and automatically assume their Uber has arrived.

• Like 1