Custom Trail Boss headlights

Low beam bulbs are H11

High beams are 9005

I just installed a 4 piece set of LED lights from Sealight on my '19 Silverado Custom Trailboss. 

Just make sure you buy mini or low profile bulbs as most of the LED bulbs have the large cooling fans with heat sinks mounted on the back of each bulb and you won't be able to reinstall the dust covers.

Whatever you buy, make sure the bulbs are low profile as there's not as much room directly behind the bulbs like on previous years. 

My '14 Silverado Rally 2 I just traded in had room for the large cooling fans on the rear of the bulbs. But this isn't the case with the '19's. 

These are the ones I just installed in my truck. 

I bought the 9005/H11 4piece set. 

What a difference in color and brightness.. 110% better. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MNG5S5P/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hope this gives you an idea of what you need to change your headlights out. 

In the photo the left are the stock bulbs and new LED's on the right.

41F7C2DC-E357-4858-978B-DCD45DBF75A3.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, RottDawgler said:

Low beam bulbs are H11

High beams are 9005

I just installed a 4 piece set of LED lights from Sealight on my '19 Silverado Custom Trailboss. 

Just make sure you buy mini or low profile bulbs as most of the LED bulbs have the large cooling fans with heat sinks mounted on the back of each bulb and you won't be able to reinstall the dust covers.

Whatever you buy, make sure the bulbs are low profile as there's not as much room directly behind the bulbs like on previous years. 

My '14 Silverado Rally 2 I just traded in had room for the large cooling fans on the rear of the bulbs. But this isn't the case with the '19's. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MNG5S5P/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Looks good

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, RottDawgler said:

Low beam bulbs are H11

High beams are 9005

It looks like a lot more glare coming off the right side.  Maybe it's your camera angle, but if it's your beam pattern oncoming drivers are going to hate you.

-Dave

35 minutes ago, Daverado said:

It looks like a lot more glare coming off the right side.  Maybe it's your camera angle, but if it's your beam pattern oncoming drivers are going to hate you.

-Dave

Hey Daverado,

Naaaa.. no one hates me yet. ?

I took numerous photos trying to get the true results of the headlights but it was tough. The camera shot doesn't do the headlights justice.

I marked my garage door with tape exactly where the halogen beams hit and then compared the LED beam once I swapped them out and they hit in the exact spot.. I've had zero issues with anyone flashing there lights thinking I have my high beams on like the previous LED bulbs I installed on my '14 Silverado. With those I ended up adjusting those headlights down so as to not blind anyone. The new Sealight bulbs have great reviews so I decided to try them and I'm very happy so far. 

• 1 month later...
On 19/03/2019 at 3:41 AM, RottDawgler said:

Low beam bulbs are H11

High beams are 9005

Did you have any issue's with the drl's with the sealight led bulbs?

No issues whatsoever.

There's no flickering or any other issues with these bulbs with the DRL. I'm very satisfied with them so far. I would highly recommend them. 

I didn't have to readjust the headlights after installing them like another brand I used on my '14 Silverado. With masking tape, I marked the beam pattern on the garage door for the stock bulbs before I removed them, then after installing the new bulbs the beam hit in the exact spot. There was no readjusting the headlights. I can't say enough good things about these bulbs so far. 

Very quiet running fan in each bulb. Two thumbs up. ????

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2019 at 2:41 AM, RottDawgler said:

Low beam bulbs are H11

High beams are 9005

is the color white or yellow? hard to tell. appreciate the info.

47 minutes ago, jrich58 said:

Any issues thus far?  Radio interference?  Do they get hot with dust caps back on?

No issues whatsoever so far, No radio interference, I'm very impressed with them so far. ???? I was just camping in the Florida Keys last week along with the truck and there were no issues with overheating headlights but I didn't actually feel the dust cover to see if they were hot. I can imagine everything under the hood was very hot being 88 degrees and humid all week. ?

On 5/4/2019 at 1:50 AM, LeadUtensil said:

is the color white or yellow? hard to tell. appreciate the info.

Hey LeadUtensil,

The color of these bulbs show as bright white. The stock bulbs are dull yellow and we're terrible trying to see at night. 

On 3/19/2019 at 4:41 AM, RottDawgler said:

Low beam bulbs are H11

High beams are 9005

Looks really good! My question is, the new bulb set you bought, are they plug and play? Just as if I were replacing an old bulb...

On 5/13/2019 at 2:16 PM, Ernie G said:

Looks really good! My question is, the new bulb set you bought, are they plug and play? Just as if I were replacing an old bulb...

Yes they are. Unplug the stock bulbs and plug in these. Same connections

• Like 1