Custom Trail Boss headlights

9 hours ago, Cody Williams said:

20190711_184043.jpg

Excellent photo capture of the true look of these bulbs. I agree, my photos didn't do them Justice. . I'm still impressed with mine after almost 4 months of use. No issues. ????

• Like 2

On 3/19/2019 at 5:41 AM, RottDawgler said:

Low beam bulbs are H11

High beams are 9005

I just installed a 4 piece set of LED lights from Sealight on my '19 Silverado Custom Trailboss. 

Just make sure you buy mini or low profile bulbs as most of the LED bulbs have the large cooling fans with heat sinks mounted on the back of each bulb and you won't be able to reinstall the dust covers.

Whatever you buy, make sure the bulbs are low profile as there's not as much room directly behind the bulbs like on previous years. 

My '14 Silverado Rally 2 I just traded in had room for the large cooling fans on the rear of the bulbs. But this isn't the case with the '19's. 

These are the ones I just installed in my truck. 

I bought the 9005/H11 4piece set. 

What a difference in color and brightness.. 110% better. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MNG5S5P/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hope this gives you an idea of what you need to change your headlights out. 

In the photo the left are the stock bulbs and new LED's on the right.

41F7C2DC-E357-4858-978B-DCD45DBF75A3.jpeg

went to the link you provided and was about to order this but amazon says it doesn't fit 2019 silverado 1500??

just wanted to make sure it said the same for you before ordering these

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dctackett10 said:

went to the link you provided and was about to order this but amazon says it doesn't fit 2019 silverado 1500??

just wanted to make sure it said the same for you before ordering these

Hey dctackett10

Yes. These are the ones. Follow my link and order the 9005/H11 4piece set and you will be all set.. 

Amazon hasn't updated their website to reflect the 2019 Silverados yet. They're a direct plug and play set of 4 bulbs. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/14/2019 at 7:37 PM, RottDawgler said:

Hey dctackett10

Yes. These are the ones. Follow my link and order the 9005/H11 4piece set and you will be all set.. 

Amazon hasn't updated their website to reflect the 2019 Silverados yet. They're a direct plug and play set of 4 bulbs. 

Alright.  Thanks bro. Ordering them now!

On 6/17/2019 at 8:31 PM, Brutus230 said:

Here is where I got mine the description then next pic is seller info

FC4E5BE6-767B-4DE4-BF16-A0FB3B2E6BCC.png

4190592E-1AFB-4C72-B58D-8F17829D2345.png

This kit requires a re-flash? Did i read that correctly? It should be it's own circuit with it's own relay. I cant see why a reflash is required

edit: are they LED or halogen? just curious on matching them to the LEDs

Edited by tanner709

8 hours ago, tanner709 said:

This kit requires a re-flash? Did i read that correctly? It should be it's own circuit with it's own relay. I cant see why a reflash is required

edit: are they LED or halogen? just curious on matching them to the LEDs

Yes...because GM is an ****. They want to charge you an additional $100+ to have them programmed on top of the $200+ cost of the kit on a truck that should have come with them in the first place. :fume:

They are LED

Edited by RUSSH
  • Like 1

that is ridiciulous. I cant justify it. I would rather buy a lightbar  or put cubes in those housings. Maybe rigid will develop a kit for the housings. Maybe i'll make my own

On 3/19/2019 at 5:41 AM, RottDawgler said:

Low beam bulbs are H11

High beams are 9005

I just installed a 4 piece set of LED lights from Sealight on my '19 Silverado Custom Trailboss. 

Just make sure you buy mini or low profile bulbs as most of the LED bulbs have the large cooling fans with heat sinks mounted on the back of each bulb and you won't be able to reinstall the dust covers.

Whatever you buy, make sure the bulbs are low profile as there's not as much room directly behind the bulbs like on previous years. 

My '14 Silverado Rally 2 I just traded in had room for the large cooling fans on the rear of the bulbs. But this isn't the case with the '19's. 

These are the ones I just installed in my truck. 

I bought the 9005/H11 4piece set. 

What a difference in color and brightness.. 110% better. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MNG5S5P/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hope this gives you an idea of what you need to change your headlights out. 

In the photo the left are the stock bulbs and new LED's on the right.

41F7C2DC-E357-4858-978B-DCD45DBF75A3.jpeg

Just put these in my Custom and they look better than expected. Hopefully they don’t over heat with the dust covers on but I haven’t seen anybody have that issue. Now my dad needs to get some for his CTB 

9BE64769-A505-4FCF-AA8E-CE28CC88ED7F.jpeg

• Like 1

Have no idea how you guys got them installed.  Man. That’s tight. Ripped my arm couple times lol.  Still. Gonna have to take grille off and pull the headlights.   For the life of me I cannot get the high beam driver side bulb to lock in place. Pissing me off!!! Lol