Custom Trail Boss headlights

On 7/25/2019 at 5:42 PM, dctackett10 said:

Have no idea how you guys got them installed.  Man. That’s tight. Ripped my arm couple times lol.  Still. Gonna have to take grille off and pull the headlights.   For the life of me I cannot get the high beam driver side bulb to lock in place. Pissing me off!!! Lol 

I installed mine by going in the wheel wells. Take off the T15 screws and peel back fender liner. Its Way easier then cutting up your hands. It takes no time and you have a ton of room down there.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zelas said:

I installed mine by going in the wheel wells. Take off the T15 screws and peel back fender liner. Its Way easier then cutting up your hands. It takes no time and you have a ton of room down there.

Hahaha. I actually done that. Was sooooo much easier 

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/31/2019 at 2:23 PM, Zelas said:

X2 ^^^^

Installed mine today and it's marginally better than the stock light output. Looks much better, but not a crazy difference.

I had an issue on the passenger side, when turning the bulb into its final lock position, where it caught on the reflector guard inside the housing. The little one in the low beam with the chevy logo on it. personally it looks a little bent/off center to me - and my output on the right side is aimed funny.

Any input is appreciated. I didn't try any adjustment yet.

Stay tuned, got some serious upgrades coming to the trail boss lights. Klearz lenses getting made this week. Chrome getting painted black and D2S 5.0 projectors getting retrofitted in the lights. Gonna be sweet and perform great.
These lights are an absolute bitch to get open. I have been doing this for a very long time (over 12 years) and these suckers fight the whole time baking them open. ba815a0948b27e3554c6c2f31d09b5a3.jpgf7bac689da8c1f0a31f6619d41fc915b.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Does the custom trial boss have DRL? I don’t remember. I installed the sea lights and I DO NOT have DRL now. But the headlights do in fact work 
Sea lights? Yes the have a DRL mode so depending on what you installed a capacitor link may be needed.

On 3/19/2019 at 5:41 AM, RottDawgler said:

Low beam bulbs are H11

High beams are 9005

I just installed a 4 piece set of LED lights from Sealight on my '19 Silverado Custom Trailboss. 

Just make sure you buy mini or low profile bulbs as most of the LED bulbs have the large cooling fans with heat sinks mounted on the back of each bulb and you won't be able to reinstall the dust covers.

Whatever you buy, make sure the bulbs are low profile as there's not as much room directly behind the bulbs like on previous years. 

My '14 Silverado Rally 2 I just traded in had room for the large cooling fans on the rear of the bulbs. But this isn't the case with the '19's. 

These are the ones I just installed in my truck. 

I bought the 9005/H11 4piece set. 

What a difference in color and brightness.. 110% better. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MNG5S5P/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hope this gives you an idea of what you need to change your headlights out. 

In the photo the left are the stock bulbs and new LED's on the right.

41F7C2DC-E357-4858-978B-DCD45DBF75A3.jpeg

Bough the listed LEDs off amazon, and after some scraped up hands and brief panic that I had my arm stuck, I swapped out to the new ones.  Worked great on the drive home from dinner, nobody flashed!  Thanks for the post and info!

Yes sorry, the leds discussed earlier in the thread.
This is going to sound dumb but how are you testing your DRL function? To get DRL to turn on typically you have to be in drive. I assume when you turn the knob on the dash manually you can get the lights to turn on?

On 8/31/2019 at 9:29 AM, FastWS6TA said:

This is going to sound dumb but how are you testing your DRL function? To get DRL to turn on typically you have to be in drive. I assume when you turn the knob on the dash manually you can get the lights to turn on?

No issues with DRL -  auto headlight function works fine. With the sealights anyways.

1 hour ago, Marc-Antoine7 said:

Do you guys catch any radio stations with sealight? I bought a pair of novsight leds (btw high beam won’t fit) and i get alot of radio inteference with them.

No issues with radio interference using the sealights.

• Thanks 1

I just installed Supernovas, gtr's, in both low and high. H11 low and drl, 9005 hi beams. Went thru wheelwell as others did. Took about an hour, only cause I didnt check polarity before I buttoned up first side. Ugh. Second side took 10 minutes after my first goof. Dust cover design is the best Ive ever seen, super easy to remove and replace. A simple counter-clockwise turn on the bulb, and they come out. Not much room in there.

20190906_100309.jpg