Custom Trail Boss headlights

I just installed the Sealight LED’s for low and high beam as well.  I think they look amazing and were easy enough to install.  I am yet to drive at night to see how the beam pattern is but can assure you they are way better than the halogen bulbs.  My concern is how the bulbs are facing within the housing.  I am assuming they can me rotated in 3 different “final positions” due to the quarter turn locking mechanics and am wondering what way they should face within the housing for optimum results with a clean line to avoid possible flashing.....

12 hours ago, jrich58 said:

How’s the beam pattern?

I think the beam pattern is perfect. I didn't have to re-aim these bulbs. They match the pattern of the stock bulbs but white and much brighter. I haven't had one oncoming car flash me since the install which tells me the beam pattern is identical to the stock ones. 

You won't be disappointed with them. 

11 hours ago, HoneyBadger said:

I just installed the Sealight LED’s for low and high beam as well.  I think they look amazing and were easy enough to install.  I am yet to drive at night to see how the beam pattern is but can assure you they are way better than the halogen bulbs.  My concern is how the bulbs are facing within the housing.  I am assuming they can me rotated in 3 different “final positions” due to the quarter turn locking mechanics and am wondering what way they should face within the housing for optimum results with a clean line to avoid possible flashing.....

I installed mine according to the install video and have had zero oncoming cars flash me. Correctly installed the power cord will be facing down and the LED bulbs will be at the 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock positions as Sealights installment video demonstrates. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, HoneyBadger said:

Thanks for the video sir!

Your more than welcome..

Hopefully you installed yours like the video. Hate to see you have to reach down in there again to turn them. :-)

4 hours ago, RottDawgler said:

Your more than welcome..

Hopefully you installed yours like the video. Hate to see you have to reach down in there again to turn them. :-)

I did have to reach back in on both sides but now they are aligned and square.  Appreciate the help!  My “cat fighting” days are over (scratches down both arms and hands).  Won’t be doing that again anytime soon ;)

On 5/20/2019 at 3:19 PM, tomleo67 said:

I ordered these so I will report back...

1 hour ago, tomleo67 said:

I ordered these so I will report back...

Looking at the photos from the link you supplied I doubt they're going to fit without leaving the dust covers off behind the bulbs. Those cooling fans look like they stick out pretty far behind the bulb. 

There's very minimal space behind both the hi and low beams. 

I'll be waiting to see if they fit. 

Good luck Tomleo67 ??

9 minutes ago, RottDawgler said:

Looking at the photos from the link you supplied I doubt they're going to fit without leaving the dust covers off behind the bulbs. Those cooling fans look like they stick out pretty far behind the bulb. 

There's very minimal space behind both the hi and low beams. 

I'll be waiting to see if they fit. 

Good luck Tomleo67 ??

Thanks, they told me there is a specific application for my 19' CTB and they are the most compact on the market so hopefully they fit, my buddy who owns the shop is pretty confident also so we will see, if not he'll send them back nbd...

1 hour ago, BPVTB said:

Just installed mine as well. 100% recommend but damn gm doesn’t make it easy to get your hands in there lol

B8F95D72-A088-47B1-93D7-009686CB0542.jpeg

Nice!! ????

I'm glad everything went as planned. Looks good!!

And your right. GM didn't leave much room down inside the fender for even a medium sized hand, but persistence pays off. ?

• Like 1

On 3/19/2019 at 5:41 AM, RottDawgler said:

Low beam bulbs are H11

High beams are 9005

I just installed a 4 piece set of LED lights from Sealight on my '19 Silverado Custom Trailboss. 

Just make sure you buy mini or low profile bulbs as most of the LED bulbs have the large cooling fans with heat sinks mounted on the back of each bulb and you won't be able to reinstall the dust covers.

Whatever you buy, make sure the bulbs are low profile as there's not as much room directly behind the bulbs like on previous years. 

My '14 Silverado Rally 2 I just traded in had room for the large cooling fans on the rear of the bulbs. But this isn't the case with the '19's. 

These are the ones I just installed in my truck. 

I bought the 9005/H11 4piece set. 

What a difference in color and brightness.. 110% better. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MNG5S5P/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hope this gives you an idea of what you need to change your headlights out. 

In the photo the left are the stock bulbs and new LED's on the right.

41F7C2DC-E357-4858-978B-DCD45DBF75A3.jpeg

Thanks for sharing this! Do you have any night/dark pictures?