Custom Trail Boss headlights

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey all, just picked up a 2020 TBC. Looking at getting the Morimoto 2Stroke 2.0 for the low beams only. Did any of you opt for the DRL anti-flicker link? I'm wondering if its required and if so, if it'll fit inside the dust cover.

5 hours ago, KKing93 said:

Hey all, just picked up a 2020 TBC. Looking at getting the Morimoto 2Stroke 2.0 for the low beams only. Did any of you opt for the DRL anti-flicker link? I'm wondering if its required and if so, if it'll fit inside the dust cover.

I got it but its not required and actually opted not to install the anti-flicker portion. The lights will be highly unlikely to fit in the rubber caps if you have them installed.

On 3/19/2019 at 5:41 AM, RottDawgler said:

Low beam bulbs are H11

High beams are 9005

I just installed a 4 piece set of LED lights from Sealight on my '19 Silverado Custom Trailboss. 

Just make sure you buy mini or low profile bulbs as most of the LED bulbs have the large cooling fans with heat sinks mounted on the back of each bulb and you won't be able to reinstall the dust covers.

Whatever you buy, make sure the bulbs are low profile as there's not as much room directly behind the bulbs like on previous years. 

My '14 Silverado Rally 2 I just traded in had room for the large cooling fans on the rear of the bulbs. But this isn't the case with the '19's. 

These are the ones I just installed in my truck. 

I bought the 9005/H11 4piece set. 

What a difference in color and brightness.. 110% better. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MNG5S5P/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hope this gives you an idea of what you need to change your headlights out. 

In the photo the left are the stock bulbs and new LED's on the right.

41F7C2DC-E357-4858-978B-DCD45DBF75A3.jpeg

Thank you for your posts regarding the SeaLight LEDs. After following this thread for some time and getting the OEM fog lights installed, I had to order them and must say so far they appear to be wonderful. My only regret is I didn't do it sooner and had smaller hands to switch out those high beams.

• Like 1

Sealight LED Install Question???

I just installed the LED Sealight H11 low beam bulbs. Twisting the original halogen bulbs out took quite a bit of force and I didnt pay attention to whether or not they "clicked" out of place. Now that the new Sealight LEDs are installed I'm wondering should they "click" into place when installed? The reason I'm curious now is because the force to twist the new LEDs bulbs out is not near the amount of force to twist the original Halogens bulbs out.

Should the LEDs "click" into place?

Should the LEDs "click" out of place?

9 minutes ago, KWFish said:

Sealight LED Install Question???

I just installed the LED Sealight H11 low beam bulbs. Twisting the original halogen bulbs out took quite a bit of force and I didnt pay attention to whether or not they "clicked" out of place. Now that the new Sealight LEDs are installed I'm wondering should they "click" into place when installed? The reason I'm curious now is because the force to twist the new LEDs bulbs out is not near the amount of force to twist the original Halogens bulbs out.

Should the LEDs "click" into place?

Should the LEDs "click" out of place?

I think ideally they do, but from what I remember the Sealights have a pretty thick rubber gasket/washer/whatever that makes them a bit more difficult to turn in the socket, and it wouldn't surprise me if this extra resistance more or less makes it impossible to feel when they pop into place.

At any rate you're going to want to turn them as far as they will go, and when you inspect the unlit bulb seated in the headlamp assembly from the front the LEDs that create the light will need to be situated on the left and right sides of the bulb and NOT the top and bottom. If they're kinda diagonal then you haven't turned it enough.

• 3 months later...

Anyone able to find a complete aftermarket headlight assembly that has integrated LED's similar to the LT? I know companies out there like Alpharex do this, but they don't seem to have one for the 2019+ Silverado's...maybe next year, but just thought I'd put it out there. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...