IIHS front tests are out

3 minutes ago, Sierra Dan said:

Better?  You know what they say....  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Go check out the Bilstein thread on the K2 2014-2018 section.

Any aftermarket shock is better than the factory Rancho.

Mine's a T1, was told it's improved.. with that being said, could have been the transmission downshifting that caused the back end to shift, along with inferior shocks.

I am having the transmission checked out.. the dealership even asked me if it's given me jolts and suggested it may not be shocks. The poor terrain I was driving on contributed to that, but they conceded it shouldn't have happened.

If you looked at crash test scores for car seats, would you pick the one that was rated good or the one that was rated marginal? I know my father would say if the marginal one was on sale he would buy that because it was still better than when he was a kid and they didn't even wear seatbelts

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

As I understand it, IIHS only started testing passenger offset in the last couple years. Blindly thinking your K2 will be any better for your wife’s legs may be foolish because it wasn’t tested. It could very well be worse.

• Like 1

DBB2566C-A00E-4696-9521-76D7A1E8F222.thumb.png.c2c02bf2925011d54f4a757cfa9091e9.png

1025619F-7E84-4F5C-AAC0-C91D76186385.png

Don’t take my word for it. The T1 is much improved. If the K2 was tested for the passenger offset, it would likely fail miserably because they designed it without putting any effort into a passenger offset test that didn’t exist.

Is it as good as the Ford? No. Is it better than the last one, yes. Would I buy a Ford to prepare for an accident that likely would never happen? No. Life is full of risks. Take your chances every time you drive anything.

Edited by OnTheReel
  • Like 1

As I understand it, IIHS only started testing passenger offset in the last couple years. Blindly thinking your K2 will be any better for your wife’s legs may be foolish because it wasn’t tested. It could very well be worse.
Thanks for pointing this out.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

It's good enough, but isn't it getting tiring with GM just being "good enough?"  Every new generation of truck for the last 20 years they've needed to become class leading, and every time they've managed "good enough."  I'm afraid this time it may cost them as FCA is breathing down their necks and they are beating "good enough."  Might as well forget about ever being good enough to catch Ford.  Disappointing.

Coming from a 2016 Ford F-150 XLT, I'd say my 2019 Silverado's interior has slightly better feel. Could be due to the RST trim.

One minus about the Silverado is the rear end hopping off the road, I didn't have that with the Ford so I"m a little disappointed here. But, if it weren't for that, the Silverado is better in more ways than the 2016 Ford F-150 XLT.

Lol, You and your rear wheel hopping

Sent from above
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bouncing rear ends in this thread to, I am having bouncing rear end nightmares. Go buy a Ridgeline and get no bouncing rear.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Not that I’d ever be interested in that poop bucket. I heard they’re discontinuing the Ridgeline due to horrible sales.

Sent from above

5 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

Ford took a beating in the media when they rolled out their new F150 as their crew cab was better than their extended cab in the frontal offset crash testing. The ext cab got the additional floor protection the following year. So GM knew well in advance this was a test that their truck would be subjected. As someone else mentioned, good enough is getting old. 

Since the F150 is the only safe truck, I went and drove a $55k XLT tonight. I got news for my wife, I think she is going to have to get used to one leg. I just can't see myself buying an F150. A $55k XLT with the 3.5 L the interior felt like a work truck. The Silverado offer so much more for the same price MSRP with bigger incentives.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, '01LS1 said:

Ford took a beating in the media when they rolled out their new F150 as their crew cab was better than their extended cab in the frontal offset crash testing. The ext cab got the additional floor protection the following year. So GM knew well in advance this was a test that their truck would be subjected. As someone else mentioned, good enough is getting old. 

Yes, and it turned out to be a very small modification needed and now the crew cab is similar to the extended cab. That happened +back in 2015 when it first came out.

Edited by Wiggums

3 minutes ago, ShamrockShooter said:

Since the F150 is the only safe truck, I went and drove a $55k XLT tonight. I got news for my wife, I think she is going to have to get used to one leg. I just can't see myself buying an F150. A $55k XLT with the 3.5 L the interior felt like a work truck. The Silverado offer so much more for the same price MSRP with bigger incentives.

Agreed, incentives are bigger and I do believe Silverado has much better interior compared to F-150. I'm very happy with mine.