Led project finished Thanks Everyone

Thanks everyone for the ideas and the info on where to tap into to get everything working right. 3 diodes for the tow mirrors got those going with clearance lights and the reverse lights as puddle lights. They shine right on the door handle. The black interior sure needed some more light..

Got Light? Good job but Your breathing sounds like Darth Vader!

Sent from above
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Cccmachine said:

Thanks everyone for the ideas and the info on where to tap into to get everything working right. 3 diodes for the tow mirrors got those going with clearance lights and the reverse lights as puddle lights. They shine right on the door handle. The black interior sure needed some more light..https://youtu.be/WCAJaZl2sf8

What, and how, did you tap to make the running board lights come on with door open/close?  Does opening the rear doors activate the lights as well?  I'm getting ready to install a set on my truck this weekend and could use a little help there.

7 hours ago, Darmichar said:

What, and how, did you tap to make the running board lights come on with door open/close?  Does opening the rear doors activate the lights as well?  I'm getting ready to install a set on my truck this weekend and could use a little help there.

I tied into the puddle light wire for the running boards as per Pgamboa here https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/202018-puddle-light-wire/. That way your running boards won't turn on while your driving and turn on your dome lights.

IMG_20190322_160537.jpg

• Like 1

large.IMG_20190322_160725.jpg.0f23259588911a326b1d1e8424ea8a14.jpglarge.IMG_20190322_161151.jpg.16f9bd074073a4ca73ccc2fe038879cf.jpgI ran the wire behind the side panel under the carpet and out thru the brake cable boot. There is ground point to the right of the brake cable boot outside the truck. I ran the wires thru the cross member to the passenger side.

Edited by Cccmachine
Pics
  • Like 1

So, just crawled under my truck to prep to do this tomorrow and I don't think it can be done.  The steps I have, the main tube, is so close to the body that even if I did install lights, it wouldn't light up the actual steps themselves, which is the only reason I wanted to do it.  Back to the drawing board.

So I went ahead tonight and installed the Putco blade bar and the step lights.  They end up lighting the ground, which back lights the steps and at least lets you know where they are.  Acceptable for now I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

very nice. I agree that more interior lighting is needed on there. Would like to do something similar. What did you use for lights under the dash and seats. Of course that under hood lighting a great idea!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/COB-Xenon-White-100-LED-DRL-Daytime-Running-Light-Backup-Interior-Strip-12V-6W/291161780706?epid=1853903523&hash=item43ca9831e2:g:~SoAAOSwS3dbn2tr&frcectupt=true

I used these under the hood and in the cab. Cheap and came with some decent double sided tape. They all stuck good except for under the back front seat. Not much to grab ahold of there.