Need lift recommendations

Sorry to hear about your Pops. I know it's tough to lose anyone especially a parent .

If you want him to look down and see a quality setup on his truck listen to TXGreek.

That is a top shelf lift kit on his rig and it would look trick on the Red Silverado. Don't ruin it with black wheels. I'm a chrome guy and nothing beats Red and Chrome.  You could put 295 60 20 like his  on those stock wheels I believe. Thank your Dad. You got a sweet truck.

Edited by dieselfan1
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, dieselfan1 said:

Sorry to hear about your Pops. I know it's tough to lose anyone especially a parent .

If you want him to look down and see a quality setup on his truck listen to TXGreek.

That is a top shelf lift kit on his rig and it would look trick on the Red Silverado. Don't ruin it with black wheels. I'm a chrome guy and nothing beats Red and Chrome.  You could put 295 60 20 like his  on those stock wheels I believe. Thank your Dad. You got a sweet truck.

Thanks, I looked up my local shop and they carry that brand, no offence to anyone that likes black wheels but I'm like you and I despise them and plan on keeping the stock wheels with bigger tires. This is gonna be a summertime project, I have two weeks vacation at the end of June so that's probably when it's gonna happen. My buddy has the BDS 6in kit and it's really nice but I'm really liking the one TXGreek has.

Thanks for the compliment on the truck, I've looked to the sky and told him Thanks for everything but none of it replaces him and would much rather have him than the material things.

Edited by Kincer
  • Like 1

I miss my old man too.

He was a helluva guy. After we took care of his estate he left me enough to pay off my most of my 2003 Duramax.

I hated the day I traded that truck in.

He loved that truck just like I'm sure your Dad loved his. Do him proud and do it right. 

• Like 1

You’re feeding a daily driver Dodge.

The Silverado will be lucky if it sees a yearly air freshener.

Dodge turns sharper...rides nicer..if your Dodge still has a power steering pump and not a computer controlled electric steering kill you dead device if there is a voltage problem....ditch the Silverado.

It aint worth fixin up. NOW....brakes have gone electric. No more parking brake cables.

Humans are idiots.

Edited by Paintor

Umm not really sure if you read the whole thread or not, but first of all Ram is leased, second my Dad passed away and left me his truck free and clear so it is a keepsake, he has done a few minor mods to the truck and I'm gonna do some mods to it so it will be a little his and a little mine altogether. I'd rather have him here but this is a part of life. So NO the Silverado isn't going anywhere.

16 minutes ago, Kincer said:

Umm not really sure if you read the whole thread or not, but first of all Ram is leased, second my Dad passed away and left me his truck free and clear so it is a keepsake, he has done a few minor mods to the truck and I'm gonna do some mods to it so it will be a little his and a little mine altogether. I'd rather have him here but this is a part of life. So NO the Silverado isn't going anywhere.

I would just ignore him . Sounds like he is mentally unstable.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

So it's been a while since I've posted but I finally got my level done, I went with a Readylift 2.25 kit with their upper control arms and a 1.5 Readylift addaleaf in the rear. I put a new fiberglass cap on it that I'm never taking off since I have a trailer for larger things, I went with the addaleaf because I didn't want the truck to have an ass low appearance after a while. Also went with 275/60/20 Nitto Terra Grapplers. Very happy with it so far, ride is excellent, I haven't noticed any rubbing either. c5cdbbf0bacffda1b783a280d2a2a9c4.jpgaa2a0d866e5e254c4c13255147ae66c1.jpg55edda52b1a045df9da5501e9257127c.jpgd2db74c1ad0089c30118fc7581b9056d.jpg

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Kincer said:

So it's been a while since I've posted but I finally got my level done, I went with a Readylift 2.25 kit with their upper control arms and a 1.5 Readylift addaleaf in the rear. I put a new fiberglass cap on it that I'm never taking off since I have a trailer for larger things, I went with the addaleaf because I didn't want the truck to have an ass low appearance after a while. Also went with 275/60/20 Nitto Terra Grapplers. Very happy with it so far, ride is excellent, I haven't noticed any rubbing either. c5cdbbf0bacffda1b783a280d2a2a9c4.jpgaa2a0d866e5e254c4c13255147ae66c1.jpg55edda52b1a045df9da5501e9257127c.jpgd2db74c1ad0089c30118fc7581b9056d.jpg

Already lookin good dude.  Sorry to hear about your Dad.   Looks like he really loved his truck as it's in excellent condition.  Have fun with the mods....Cheers ?

Already lookin good dude.  Sorry to hear about your Dad.   Looks like he really loved his truck as it's in excellent condition.  Have fun with the mods....Cheers [emoji481]
Thank you! It's a little bit him and a bit mine now.