Wanted: 2014-2018 Adaptive Exhaust "Flapper" Valve

Armo325

I'm kind of swimming upstream here but I'm trying to get my hands on the exhaust "flapper" valve that everyone is cutting out and throwing away.  I'm looking for one from the Silverado 1500 exhaust with a 5.3L motor.

I'm hoping one of the members here still has their stock exhaust lying around and wouldn't mind cutting the valve section out and throwing it in a box for me.  I'm in Virginia Beach.  I'll obviously pay for shipping and am happy to send a little something for the effort.  Thanks in advance.

I do have one I just have to cut it out of the exhaust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! I saw your post earlier but didn’t want to bug you if you hadn’t had a chance to check on it. Thanks again.

Thanks! I saw your post earlier but didn’t want to bug you if you hadn’t had a chance to check on it. Thanks again.

Send me a address and I’ll get it out by the end of the week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I am new here have a 2014 1500 Silverado and have issues with the truck switching from v4 to v8 long story short can I leave the exhaust flapper valve open w/o voiding any warranty I purchased an extended warranty so don't want to void any any info would be great 

Thanks

On 10/25/2019 at 6:19 AM, chadvl said:

I am new here have a 2014 1500 Silverado and have issues with the truck switching from v4 to v8 long story short can I leave the exhaust flapper valve open w/o voiding any warranty I purchased an extended warranty so don't want to void any any info would be great 

Thanks

100% yes. Just get a band clamp of some sort and clamp it in the open position. When the truck is revved, it moves to the open position, so crawl under and have someone rev it. Then twist it fully in that direction and clamp it open. This will do nothing with switching between V8 and V4 by the way. All it's going to do is give you a little more exhaust note and give you a fluttering/helicopter noise when in V4. Totally reversible and will not do anything to the warranty.