So i just removed the hard plastic cover that attaches to my hood. I'm sure it's there to keep water out of the intake system. But as long as i'm not fording water i should be okay. In theory I believe this should allow more cool air into the intake system. Has anyone experimented with this yet? i just added a K&N filter I saw fresh air intake near the blocked off hood scoop. So what the hell, i'm giving it a try. I'm guessing all the Sierra's and Denali's have the same hood? 

So i just removed the hard plastic cover that attaches to my hood. I'm sure it's there to keep water out of the intake system. But as long as i'm not fording water i should be okay. In theory I believe this should allow more cool air into the intake system. Has anyone experimented with this yet? i just added a K&N filter I saw fresh air intake near the blocked off hood scoop. So what the hell, i'm giving it a try. I'm guessing all the Sierra's and Denali's have the same hood? 
I took that off too but it's not really going to assist with much considering there is much more air coming through grille

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, destrada127 said:

I took that off too but it's not really going to assist with much considering there is much more air coming through grille

I thought about that as well but air intake is at the top near the hood so a little extra air has to help a little. I think blocking off the holes in the hood would also help direct the air towards the intake. 

• Like 1

I thought about that as well but air intake is at the top near the hood so a little extra air has to help a little. I think blocking off the holes in the hood would also help direct the air towards the intake. 
I just did it bc I don't like the fact that the 2500 gets a real scoop and we get a trim piece

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
That intake on the front is supposed to open at speed and blow cool air across the engine and out the emblems on the side near the door, that is a vent also keeps the engine bay cooler. 

Do you have proof of this? The emblems on my AT4 are solid and I see no method of actuation on said intake piece.

Mine are not solid on my AT4 every time I wash the truck it’s wet under the hood and I have to blow the water out with and air hose. I have not tried to figure them out but I read an article about it before I bought the truck.