Where to get level kit installed..

New Silverado owner here. I’ve been a longtime lurker here and finally decided to join since I pulled the trigger on an 18’ LT..

One of the first things I want to do is add a 2” level kit. Probably Motofab or RC. Though, I’m honest enough to admit that I’m not mechanically inclined enough to attempt the job myself. The most I’ve done is swapped out the gold bowties for black ones and threw on some running boards.

It seems I have three avenues of getting the kit installed..

1.) Have the local Chevy dealer do it (was quoted around $400-500 including alignment)

2.) Have one of the local custom shops do it (two quotes from two different shops ranging from $150 to $275 including alignment). The cheaper option was from a shop that I have no references of, the more expensive option comes from a more reputable shop. From what I’m told.

3.) My friends buddy offered to install it for $50 and I would have to have my truck aligned elsewhere afterwards. He says he has personally installed 5 lift kits on Silverado’s and seems pretty confident.

Now, the pro’s of option 1 are that there is the piece of mind that a legit Chevy mechanic will be doing the work and if anything should go wrong down the road, it would fall back on them. Con’s being the high price obviously..

The pro’s of option 2 are cheaper prices overall, but I’m not totally sure where liability falls in the situation should any problems arise down the road..

The pro of option 3 is the dirt cheap labor cost, but cons are that I’m not sure how I feel about a friend of a friend working on my new truck and only going on good faith as far as liability goes.

Maybe I’m overthinking this, but input would be greatly appreciated!

Wrong on one dealer doesn't normally cover anything that happens down the road. Service issue yes product or any other issues related to the lift causing another issue no. And other dealers or gm hell no. The idea people have that the gm tech is better then other mechanics has always amazed me. 

Option two good but limited. All depends on the rep of that shop. 

Option 3 is my favorite you known what you get and see it done right. Maybe get your hands dirty and learn something. Also in 500miles and again 1000miles you want to tighten up the bolts. May also need shims meaning you.may be redoing the rear and starting over on the retighten again. 

Just my 2 cents

I'd go option #2. Just drop the truck off and you pick it up all said and done. Less of a pain installing it and then having to wait around for it to get an alignment

It's pretty simple installing a lower strut level kit however. (comes with instructions)  Putting new blocks in the rear can be tricky though if the kit comes with it.

Option 2, just make sure it's a reputable shop and you shouldn't have a problem. Option 3, just depends on how much you trust and if you are going to hangout while he does it.
Now option 1, it depends on the delear. I worked at a dealer and a few of use where responsible for putting on full suspension lifts and other aftermarket parts, on new vehicles and on customer vehicles. The lift fell under 3/36 warranty just like the factory warranty. If a customer wanted stuff done to their vehicle they already had then they would get a 1yr warranty. The warranty work would have to be done at our dealer though.