Cup holder trim paint

Just showing one mod I did (Might change the color to black).    I was having issues in the Florida sun reflecting right into my eyes on the chrome cupholder trim.    Took off that trim and then cerakoted the cupholder burnt bronze.     I Was going to do the other chrome pieces but decided against it. 

IMG_0912.jpeg

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, WwRGSwW said:

Just showing one mod I did (Might change the color to black).    I was having issues in the Florida sun reflecting right into my eyes on the chrome cupholder trim.    Took off that trim and then cerakoted the cupholder burnt bronze.     I Was going to do the other chrome pieces but decided against it. 

IMG_0912.jpeg

Was this hard to do?

2 minutes ago, z1boss said:

Was this hard to do?

No,  Very easy.   Remove the cup holder rubber,  then using some trim tools it pulls up pretty easy (about 10 hook / loop tabs)   

I used Cerakote (Firearm paint) as I use that for my business.    It resists scratches well.  

Biggest pain is getting the cup holder rubber back in.    Working on making a video of the process of the whole thing

Edited by WwRGSwW
  • Like 3

• txab changed the title to Cup holder trim paint
21 hours ago, WwRGSwW said:

Biggest pain is getting the cup holder rubber back in.    Working on making a video of the process of the whole thing

Yeah, I have no idea what they were thinking with those rubber inserts.  I know they have to resist being pulled out when you are removing a cup, but gees,  they are not easy to put back in.  It's much easier to clean them in the kitchen sink when they get messy...

I took the one behind the armrest out and still can't get it to look right- it's all lumpy now.  SMH.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Limelight said:

Yeah, I have no idea what they were thinking with those rubber inserts.  I know they have to resist being pulled out when you are removing a cup, but gees,  they are not easy to put back in.  It's much easier to clean them in the kitchen sink when they get messy...

I took the one behind the armrest out and still can't get it to look right- it's all lumpy now.  SMH.

Yea,  mine does not look right still as well.  I want to try and figure out to fix it. 

Nice mod. I agree about the reflectivity of the chrome-colored pieces in the cab. The one that runs along the center stack catches the sun later in the day through my side windows and is really annoying. Even with polarized sun glasses on. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This is the bs response on fb messenger I received when I asked if there was an option to fix the trim glaring when direct sunlight hits.  They said they would help if it gets worse. What do i have to do wreck? Lol

I also submitted photos. 

“Thank you for contacting us, Chad. We can understand how a situation like this would cause some concern. What I'll do is document that you're experiencing this and we'll do everything we can on our end to help if this should become worse, or otherwise escalates. I appreciate you for allowing me to assist in these circumstances and encourage you to let us know if you have any other questions moving forward.”

Mike M.

Edited by LSU tiger fan