Add HUD to SLT

57 minutes ago, FiatDale said:

There is no PnP harness, I got the connectors and made it myself. If not, I can gladly supply the pinouts for you to tap.

You’ll need much more than those two parts. You need a new upper dash panel, cluster visor, cluster trim panel, HUD switch, the technology package cluster (available from white auto and media). It’s the cluster without the 4 analog gauges at the top and has the larger lcd. Not sure if all AT4 have that or not. It’s an expensive part hungry upgrade. Not to mention the harnesses which you’ll need 3.

Should be noted even if you have the cluster you'll still need our custom programming to enable the outputs and menus to drive it. 

5 hours ago, Welder2014 said:

Wonder why the need for a different dash pad? On my truck the heads up cutout is already there and has some type of lens over the opening..

Trucks with forward collision alert have a small cutout for the little warning that flashes on the windshield. The actual HUD cutout is much much bigger, and elevates that whole piece of the dash over the cluster. You can kinda see it in this pic I have.53CF8D77-E2B6-4DAA-AF70-119D0A777EB8.thumb.jpeg.d4dff52318573129a67829111a45c5d3.jpeg

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 4:44 PM, FiatDale said:

The trim bezel that goes around the instrument cluster holds the HUD switch. Just need that to come in.

I read that trucks with safety package but not HUD have HUD stamped windshield.  Do you have HUD windshield?, I'm hoping you don't :) So you can report back how it looks.

I don’t have HUD windshield. Like the K2, the image will be blurred. If you tint your windshield (which i think is illegal in most states) the blurriness would disappear. My plan is to tint my windshield with 70% so it’s not noticeable to the naked eye but would make a perfect reflection for the HUD. And only $100 vs probably $700 for the replacement glass

One more part, which I will update tomorrow with PN that’s needed is the defroster grille piece. It’s much smaller than the non HUD one, so there’s just one more piece. But the nice thing is the dash for HUD is soft touch as opposed to hard plastic.

Did you see there were 2 part numbers for Reinforced beam behind dash. Part numbers 23387334 w/heads up display and 23387333 /without heads up display.  Surely you wouldn't have to replace that support beam?  Got me worried.