Add HUD to SLT

17 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

I have the HUD and the windshield is stamped “HUD” in the corner. I suspect that trucks with forward collision alert/ safety package II (but no HUD) also have an HUD-ready windshield since it flashes the alerts on the windshield. So it would be an easier journey to add HUD if the truck already has that package. 

On the other hand, the HUD-ready windshield may not be completely necessary. I added HUD to my 1994 Cutlass and the image was fine with the normal windshield. That said, it was a very rudimentary HUD setup from an early 90s Grand Prix. Speed only, nothing fancy.

Really? An early 90s GP? Funny, I bought one back then too, it had leather and some upgrades but it didnt have HUD. Wish it did, I loved it on my 13 Camaro

3 hours ago, CrankyYankee said:

Really? An early 90s GP? Funny, I bought one back then too, it had leather and some upgrades but it didnt have HUD. Wish it did, I loved it on my 13 Camaro

Yeah, I think HUD was first available on the Turbo Grand Prix and later you could get them on the GTP and STE, but it was a pretty rare option. The Cutlass Supreme also offered it from the factory, but only for a couple years and that one was even rarer.

D6E72324-9F6D-4CD8-824C-8515C6B08DD5.thumb.jpeg.0844228adb047fbb92a1e2cd74cf290d.jpeg

Quite a clunky looking module up there but that’s how they were. Easy enough to install. If I remember right, I just had to tap a single BCM wire to get the data and a couple more for power and lighting. Too bad it’s not still that easy to add gizmos today...

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/28/2019 at 8:18 AM, FiatDale said:

Now that the strike is over I should have all the parts coming this week. I’ll post when complete.

Any word on this?  I have a 2019 AT4 and got a smoking deal but it doesn't have the technology package from the factory.  They made it sound like it would be an easy upgrade.  

Edited by Samich Time

Just got my parts in today. Standby until the weekend and I will have it in. Keep in mind for the harness - you’ll either have to tap into your current cluster harness for the connections, or I’m working on a PnP option for mine. I have parts for one more PnP harness that I’ll probably sell once complete.

34 minutes ago, FiatDale said:

Just got my parts in today. Standby until the weekend and I will have it in. Keep in mind for the harness - you’ll either have to tap into your current cluster harness for the connections, or I’m working on a PnP option for mine. I have parts for one more PnP harness that I’ll probably sell once complete.

Keep up the good work. So for a 2019-AT4, what parts do I need? Would it just be these? 

84395830 / Head-Up Display

23407367 / Mount Bracket

windshield 

PnP harness or tapping into certain wires?  Is the PnP a custom harness, or is there an OEM part number? id be more than happy to purchase one from you! 

Edited by 2019-AT4

There is no PnP harness, I got the connectors and made it myself. If not, I can gladly supply the pinouts for you to tap.

You’ll need much more than those two parts. You need a new upper dash panel, cluster visor, cluster trim panel, HUD switch, the technology package cluster (available from white auto and media). It’s the cluster without the 4 analog gauges at the top and has the larger lcd. Not sure if all AT4 have that or not. It’s an expensive part hungry upgrade. Not to mention the harnesses which you’ll need 3.