35s fit on leveled Sierra, kinda.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 4/26/2019 at 10:51 PM, coty52 said:

Picked up my Sierra last week, so decided to see what we could fit on it today. Installed the rough country 2” level  and a set of fuel gripper m/t’s In a 35x12.50. After some trimming of mud flaps, removing bracket behind fender liner, and tying the fender liner back. Rubbing is gone. So if you’re not scared to trim some plastic it can be done. I think it looks good, let me know what you think. I knew worked on at4, couldn’t find anyone to confirm if would fit a standard level. 

IMG_4457.jpg

Did you use spacers?

• 2 weeks later...

op truck page 1 pics, it's nose high, not level, not sure why they call those kits 'levels' lol, looks like a 2" lift to me, they need to remove that terminology altogether from these kits, takes about 1" up front to level these trucks, now you need to add 1" blocks to the rear if you want level imo

1 adjust your headlights

and don't put anything in the box or hook up a trailer, don't use it as a truck lol, or get airbags so you can keep it from star gazing if you actually do use it as a truck from time to time, I like to see the road when I drive 😉

I got ready lift 4" which comes with 3" rear blocks and with turbo motor it's 160 lbs lighter than 5.3 so  it's really annoying trying to keep rear level or even slight rake, I had to add airbags which I use full time as I keep 985 lbs of extra in my truck but then when I trailer I pump them up a bit more to keep same fender gap to tire on rear for that. Used the air lift kit for the trailboss 2" lift kit but other option would have been for 4" blocks with the air lift airbag kit, it works, just, wish it came with same rear lift as it did front for this truck and so I could have used the 4" air bag kit and only fed in minimal air for my needs. All that for informational purposes only, I love my set up and would do again and I can just keep my set up level so that's all I will ever need, my mind would prefer to be more in the middle range of flexibility rather than at the top end of the range of flexibility. I'd probably have a little less stiff a ride out back but no matter, I like that it feels more truck like and we 100 use this as a truck so all good, these chev's are pretty Cadillac smooth out of the box. 😉

Edited by 4banger

• 3 weeks later...

Need your help guys, 
I’m having issues fitting 285/65/20 Recon grapplers on my 2020 Sierra x31. The truck has the RC 3.5 lift and the tires rubbed bad on the metal behind the liner, the one that runs acrosss. Do you guys think a 1” space would help?