35s fit on leveled Sierra, kinda.

Picked up my Sierra last week, so decided to see what we could fit on it today. Installed the rough country 2” level  and a set of fuel gripper m/t’s In a 35x12.50. After some trimming of mud flaps, removing bracket behind fender liner, and tying the fender liner back. Rubbing is gone. So if you’re not scared to trim some plastic it can be done. I think it looks good, let me know what you think. I knew worked on at4, couldn’t find anyone to confirm if would fit a standard level. 

IMG_4457.jpg

Edited by coty52
original image
  • Like 11

On 4/27/2019 at 9:56 AM, asalinasz39 said:

Noticeable difference on performance?

Haven’t really noticed anything except the added weight of the tires. So you feel it in the shocks for sure. I haven’t even paid attention to fuel mileage but I’m sure it lost some as well. 

Edited by coty52
format

Nice looking ride!  I’m going to add the same leveling kit.  Any degradation in ride quality?  I noticed that the Rough County website says that you need a 1/4” spacer to keep the stock wheels.  Did you do that?  I can’t imagine why you’d need a spacer with the stock wheel.

20 hours ago, Maize & Blue said:

Nice looking ride!  I’m going to add the same leveling kit.  Any degradation in ride quality?  I noticed that the Rough County website says that you need a 1/4” spacer to keep the stock wheels.  Did you do that?  I can’t imagine why you’d need a spacer with the stock wheel.

i wouldnt expect and ride difference from just a level. I do however notice the weight of the 35s. theyre heavy so you feel them. And no im running no spacers. i have clearance all around no need for spacer.

• 9 months later...

I noticed after I put a set of  TG2's 285-50-22 (= 33.27-11.69) on my stock wheels with 2' level I had enough room with minor trimming (if at all) to go with the 285-55-22 (= 34.37-11.69).  I was afraid of the gearing and performance loss though.

• Like 1

Looks good. Do you have any rubbing on the UCA’s with the 12.5’s?  This is where I’ve read most people complaining. I have a 20 AT4 and plan on the same level. Sucker for a big tire so I’ve been toying back and forth with 35/12.5/20 and 35/11.5/20. 

• 2 weeks later...

Not to be a pain but can you post some more pics?
Side view to see gap? Front view? Know what I mean? As said before in this thread this is the same direction I plan on going but with the 33x12.5 on exact factory rims. Nice set up by the way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
On 2/25/2020 at 6:41 PM, JimZRyd said:

Looks good. Do you have any rubbing on the UCA’s with the 12.5’s?  This is where I’ve read most people complaining. I have a 20 AT4 and plan on the same level. Sucker for a big tire so I’ve been toying back and forth with 35/12.5/20 and 35/11.5/20. 

None at all! This is cranked as far as will go

IMG_4449.jpg