35s fit on leveled Sierra, kinda.

On 3/9/2020 at 8:07 AM, Oscarj said:

Not to be a pain but can you post some more pics?
Side view to see gap? Front view? Know what I mean? As said before in this thread this is the same direction I plan on going but with the 33x12.5 on exact factory rims. Nice set up by the way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Files are all pretty large so having trouble attaching. This kinda shows the front. 

IMG_4562.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2020 at 9:37 AM, coty52 said:

Files are all pretty large so having trouble attaching. This kinda shows the front. 

IMG_4562.jpg

Truck looks perfect. I’m aiming for similar setup on Chevy and this is giving me confidence to go with the 35/12.5 over the 35/11.5.

Also Know Sierra’s have slightly smaller wheel wells, but wondering what all you had to trim? Any pics of the trim areas?

• 1 month later...
22 hours ago, balaraform said:

Im getting a 4 inch lift done on my 1500 SLT, they are telling me a 35 will fit.  Can you take pictures of what you had to trim?

i will indeed. its just the mudflap though. If youre not running a factory wheel then thats a different story though.

• Like 1

i will indeed. its just the mudflap though. If youre not running a factory wheel then thats a different story though.

Yes pics please... trying to decide lift or level, want 35s

• 1 month later...
On 6/3/2020 at 12:53 PM, Anakalypto said:

This is a good guide for what you need to modify.https://wheelsasap.com/gmc-at4-oversized-tire-trimming-guide/ I'd start by removing the bracket and pulling the flap and wheel well liner back as far as you can. Several folks have said you don't have to trim so much. I'll be doing this very soon myself. 

Here's a link to what another guy said he did on his Sierra: 

Edited by jbr1888

3 hours ago, jbr1888 said:

This is a good guide for what you need to modify.https://wheelsasap.com/gmc-at4-oversized-tire-trimming-guide/ I'd start by removing the bracket and pulling the flap and wheel well liner back as far as you can. Several folks have said you don't have to trim so much. I'll be doing this very soon myself. 

Here's a link to what another guy said he did on his Sierra: 

This is helpful, thx for sharing.

Anyone have some insight on the ride difference I might see putting 34" tires on a Denali with a 2" front leveling kit? I'm ditching the 22s that came on my rig and putting 20x9 +1 wheels on it soon. Was originally planning to go with stock size 275/60/20 (33x10.8) KO2s. However, this thread has me thinking about going a bit bigger with 295/60/20 (33.9x11.6) Pro Comp A/T Sports. I figure I would likely need to trim a bit less with a 34" tire vs coty52's 35s, which is nice, however I am more concerned with the bigger change in ride and fuel economy. So... curious if anyone has put ~34x11.5 tires on their standard leveled rig yet and can share how it rides.

1 hour ago, grrr027 said:

This is helpful, thx for sharing.

Anyone have some insight on the ride difference I might see putting 34" tires on a Denali with a 2" front leveling kit? I'm ditching the 22s that came on my rig and putting 20x9 +1 wheels on it soon. Was originally planning to go with stock size 275/60/20 (33x10.8) KO2s. However, this thread has me thinking about going a bit bigger with 295/60/20 (33.9x11.6) Pro Comp A/T Sports. I figure I would likely need to trim a bit less with a 34" tire vs coty52's 35s, which is nice, however I am more concerned with the bigger change in ride and fuel economy. So... curious if anyone has put ~34x11.5 tires on their standard leveled rig yet and can share how it rides.

Your problem is going to be that since you went with aftermarket wheel, youll rub alot more than i did and need more trimming. As far as the ride, stick with an at tire and youll be happy with ride and fuel. I have a 10 ply mud tire so my ride suffered but after a shock swap im happy again. 

On 6/3/2020 at 12:53 PM, Anakalypto said:

This isnt great pic (lots of rain and muddy jobsites lately). But it shows the end product of triming. I used a cut off wheel so its not super smooth but i dont rub and that was my concern. Trim inner mudflap, and throw a ziptie through fender liner hole to pull it back and has been fine for over a year now.

IMG_7675.jpg

1 hour ago, coty52 said:

This isnt great pic (lots of rain and muddy jobsites lately). But it shows the end product of triming. I used a cut off wheel so its not super smooth but i dont rub and that was my concern. Trim inner mudflap, and throw a ziptie through fender liner hole to pull it back and has been fine for over a year now.

IMG_7675.jpg

Did you remove the steel bracket behind the plastic mud flap?