AT4 Exhaust

Picked up a new AT4 last week with the 5.3L. just left the muffler shop. They cut the Y-Pipe off behind the the cats and ran true duals to a super 50 two in/two out muffler and then connected to the factory tailpipes. The truck is still very quiet and I am not happy with what I just spent on it with very little sound gains. I called up there and they told me to bring it in tomorrow afternoon and they would swap it out for a super 40 muffler at no charge. My question is, how much do those 3 little mesh things on the tail pipe right before the tips effect the sound and how loud the vehicle is? Also how much louder is this super 40 gonna be over the super 50?

My last truck was a 2016 All Terrain with a single in single out 40 series muffler that ran out like stock with dual tips and I really liked the sound and tone of that truck but also know it had a 3rd Cat in it as well. but would like the new one to sound more like the 2016 I had.

1 hour ago, khshockey44 said:

Picked up a new AT4 last week with the 5.3L. just left the muffler shop. They cut the Y-Pipe off behind the the cats and ran true duals to a super 50 two in/two out muffler and then connected to the factory tailpipes. The truck is still very quiet and I am not happy with what I just spent on it with very little sound gains. I called up there and they told me to bring it in tomorrow afternoon and they would swap it out for a super 40 muffler at no charge. My question is, how much do those 3 little mesh things on the tail pipe right before the tips effect the sound and how loud the vehicle is? Also how much louder is this super 40 gonna be over the super 50?

My last truck was a 2016 All Terrain with a single in single out 40 series muffler that ran out like stock with dual tips and I really liked the sound and tone of that truck but also know it had a 3rd Cat in it as well. but would like the new one to sound more like the 2016 I had.

On these trucks, it's the resonators that really dampens the sound.  I have an electric cutout that when open bypasses the muffler and resonators.  It sounds very loud and aggressive with no drone.  Here are some videos I made when I got it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Oh Canada said:

This sounds really awesome.  Can you provide anymore information on the electric cutout that you installed?

See below thread. Scroll halfway down for parts and instructions

Sorry been a minute since I have had a chance to reply. I went back and they swapped out the Super 50 to a Super 40 and its got a little more noise, but its still pretty quiet. I will be looking at doing some testing covering up the three little mesh things on each tailpipe to see if that changes anything on the truck. will report when I have a chance.

All great sounds. I will be doing Z1bosses mod next week when i take delivery of my my 6.2 At4 on Monday.  Love the option of remotely switching between quiet and noticeable.  Z1boss, how do you compare the sound of the cut out open to other offerings such as the cat back etc

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Oh Canada said:

All great sounds. I will be doing Z1bosses mod next week when i take delivery of my my 6.2 At4 on Monday.  Love the option of remotely switching between quiet and noticeable.  Z1boss, how do you compare the sound of the cut out open to other offerings such as the cat back etc

I'm a huge fan of the sound made by an electronic cutout but I've known a lot of people who have installed them only to have them fail prematurely....Water, electronics and heat dont seem to mix well...

Edited by Chris walker

49 minutes ago, Chris walker said:

I'm a huge fan of the sound made by an electronic cutout but I've known a lot of people who have installed them only to have them fail prematurely....Water, electronics and heat dont seem to mix well...

Thanks Chris.  Will keep that in mind when we do the install next week.

23 hours ago, Oh Canada said:

Since you have the 6.2, your gonna need the 3.5" exhaust cutout and tip.  In terms of sound, it sounds even better than the videos in person.  It loud and aggressive and throaty when you get on it, no drone at all.  I actually had a cherrybomb extreme on it originally and it sounded too mild so I got rid of that a week later lol.  I believe the catback systems on these trucks arent that loud at all, more than stock but nothing to crazy.  The cutout, gives you the best of both worlds, you wont regret it.  I have 17k miles on my truck already and I love driving with the windows down and the cutout open.

Edited by z1boss

1 hour ago, Chris walker said:

I actually used electrical tape to completely seal the wire and connection underneath the car.  The module is mounted high up in a safe spot near the battery

• Like 1