Help with the advance trailer package?

I am curious - with the advance trailer package can you can see your trailer and road behind you?

Looks like no tow mirrors available for 2019?

I hate to scratch up my mirrors with those damn slip on things.

Thanks!

I'd say they're half way between regular mirrors and tow mirrors.  They're not as bad as I thought they'd be.  I can see fine.  

Edited by bshort

Advanced Trailer package gives you extra tpms sensors to put in your trailer tires to monitor pressure on your screen. Mine did not come with extra camera. Think that is either an option or something on the higher trim models.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

The cameras only show for 7secs before going back to main content if over ~5mph. When normal driving, those views are only for a few seconds. If rolling with almost no gas pedal, they'll show continuously.

On 5/13/2019 at 2:32 PM, UGADawgs said:

The cameras only show for 7secs before going back to main content if over ~5mph. When normal driving, those views are only for a few seconds. If rolling with almost no gas pedal, they'll show continuously.

I didn't realize that this was the case when I ordered the trailering camera package, but was pleased to see that the factory mirrors are more than sufficient for seeing around my 8'1" wide trailer. The trailer is 28.5' long, and I have no problem seeing around it, and I can see traffic coming up on both sides from far behind the trailer. At least as good as my '12 Silverado with slip-on towing mirrors, and maybe a little better. GM realized that if the mirror is flush with the housing lip, instead of recessing the mirror, the housing won't block your view. 

36 minutes ago, Jacksfan98 said:

I too am wondering how you are able to see thru the trailer. My truck has the Tech package and my travel trailer has a camera on the back of it. ?‍♂️

If you have the tech package, unfortunately you don’t get the jacks for the trailer cameras. You can only order the tech package OR the trailer camera package.

If you have the trailer camera package it gives you the side mirror cameras and will show the image from your trailer camera in the middle of the screen. The transparent trailer view is for the 2020s.