Nav Upgrade

My '19 RST didn't have Nav so I purchased the software from shop chevy and called my dealer today...they wanted 2 hrs /$320 to activate but the "service manager" had never heard this request and had to ask a tech. Anyone had a dealer do the activation? P/N 84531832

Edited by USNRet

16 hours ago, USNRet said:

My '19 RST didn't have Nav so I purchased the software from shop chevy and called my dealer today...they wanted 2 hrs /$320 to activate but the "service manager" had never heard this request and had to ask a tech. Anyone had a dealer do the activation? P/N 84531832

Wow, this site says 0.5hrs - https://www.shopchevyparts.com/electronics/2019-silverado-1500-navigation-system-conversion-kit-navigation-radio-upgrade/84531832-p-92300645.html

Maybe check another dealer-

2 hours ago, cccjrsbox said:

Maybe check another dealer-

Drove down to the only other one in town and got the same 2 hr. response. I was also told that my GM rewards were not any good as the program was cancelled months ago.

Drove down to the only other one in town and got the same 2 hr. response. I was also told that my GM rewards were not any good as the program was cancelled months ago.

LOL that’s a convenient lie, ain’t it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sales manager hooked me up. Appt next Friday for the complimentary oil change, rotation and Nav upgrade.

Be aware though, if you buy the card, it will be a two hour labor for both units to be programed and the phone call to GM...cut your best deal.

Edited by USNRet

18 minutes ago, RetChief said:

Wondering what ya mean by "both units to be programmed" I was under the impression insert the sd card and dealer programs the radio/nav and your done in under an hour.

Hey shipmate, the ECM and Radio both have to be programmed. I was told that the data transfer can be slow and then the wait time on the phone (pay them to be on hold and drink coffee)

On 5/17/2019 at 11:10 AM, GMC-AT said:

I purchased the Navi SD card on my own online.. dealer programmed for FREE.  Small town dealers are the best..

Wait.  Did you not have to have the authorization code for it?

I purchased the chip from here - https://www.shopchevyparts.com/electronics/2019-silverado-1500-navigation-system-conversion-kit-navigation-radio-upgrade/84531832-p-92300645.html

OEM -  came with all the factory codes, serial numbers, etc.

I told my dealer the price of the chip and they told me they can't get it for that cheap... so I got it online and they programmed in the truck for FREE 

1 minute ago, GMC-AT said:

I purchased the chip from here - https://www.shopchevyparts.com/electronics/2019-silverado-1500-navigation-system-conversion-kit-navigation-radio-upgrade/84531832-p-92300645.html

OEM -  came with all the factory codes, serial numbers, etc.

I told my dealer the price of the chip and they told me they can't get it for that cheap... so I got it online and they programmed in the truck for FREE 

Gotcha.  Thanks for the info!