Nav Upgrade

32 minutes ago, GMC-AT said:

I purchased the chip from here - https://www.shopchevyparts.com/electronics/2019-silverado-1500-navigation-system-conversion-kit-navigation-radio-upgrade/84531832-p-92300645.html

OEM -  came with all the factory codes, serial numbers, etc.

I told my dealer the price of the chip and they told me they can't get it for that cheap... so I got it online and they programmed in the truck for FREE 

Thank you for the link.   Is it required to have a dealer install the NAV?

I had mine done as part of the sale. They wanted the truck for a couple hours saying they have to call in to GM and have them do stuff and they can be on hold for awhile. 

I think it's worth it, maps seem up to date. I like having it with Android Auto as backup. I also like not having to plug my phone in every time I get in the truck. 

Dealer is clueless.  It literally takes 10 mins after talking to tis web to give them the authorization code.  Once they have that they add the new calibration to your cluster and the A11 radio unit.  Then all the dealer has to do at that point is hook up the MDI 2 an go to SPS an load the new calibrations to the cluster and A11.  

They MAY have to do a USB File transfer for the a11.  Depends on if you already got the OTA update or not.  

The longest part is them getting them to add the calibration over the phone.  I added the nav instructions for you guys to print out and take to the dealer so they have them and dont have to scratch their heads wondering what to do. 

Silverado Navigation.pdf

Had it done today. Took about 50 minutes total for the nav. The service manager had hers done last week and was familiar with the process. Cost was 20,0000 points.

Edited by USNRet

13 hours ago, USNRet said:

Had it done today. Took about 50 minutes total for the nav. The service manager had hers done last week and was familiar with the process. Cost was 20,0000 points.

Called dealer A service advisor said "Has to done at the factory, it cant be done at the dealer". Called dealer B " Never heard of it being done at the dealer, but bring it in and lets try it" Brought the truck in 45 min. later its done. Sad thing is, dealer A is 2 blocks from my house, dealer B is 10mi. away. Best thing is I used my points also and since points are paid in 25 $ increments dealer B lowered bill from 92 $ to 75 $. so no out of pocket cost. Needless to say dealer B will be my go to dealer going forward.

My truck came with navigation. It's the most useless part of the truck. It's inaccurate and moody. It doesn't see the traffic, unless you pay for more useless Onstar services. Waze through Android Auto is the best. Don't waste your time and nerve. 

My truck came with navigation. It's the most useless part of the truck. It's inaccurate and moody. It doesn't see the traffic, unless you pay for more useless Onstar services. Waze through Android Auto is the best. Don't waste your time and nerve. 

I’m with ya on factory navigation. I have it but don’t use it.. voice activation never works.. with my iPhone I have 3 navigation options with apple maps, google maps and Waze.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...