Nail sticking out of spray in bedliner?

I have a spray in bedliner on my 2018 Silverado. There is what appears to be the pointy end of a  nail starting to poke through the surface of the spray in bed liner! (Near the back on the flat surface kinda above the rear driver side wheel well area)

It is poking out maybe 1/8 of an inch. But if I had a kid back there it would have messed up their feet bad! This disturbs me because I know this wasn’t there when I got it. 

Any my ideas on what this could be? I thought they just sprayed the black stuff on the bed, why is there a nail starting to poke through?

8 minutes ago, JimmyT said:

I have a spray in bedliner on my 2018 Silverado. There is what appears to be the pointy end of a  nail starting to poke through the surface of the spray in bed liner! (Near the back on the flat surface kinda above the rear driver side wheel well area)

It is poking out maybe 1/8 of an inch. But if I had a kid back there it would have messed up their feet bad! This disturbs me because I know this wasn’t there when I got it. 

Any my ideas on what this could be? I thought they just sprayed the black stuff on the bed, why is there a nail starting to poke through?

Can you post a picture?

Lot easier to guess when you can see the problem.

Is it a factory installed, or aftermarket?

While unlikely, there is always the slim possibility that it came flying off the road in such a way as it pierced the bed.  Can you get under the truck and see if the rest of the nail is there?  Otherwise, I would take a punch and drive it back or a pair of pliers and pull it out.  Either way, risky unless you can see what’s on the other side.

It may be a metal shard from something hitting the bed and cutting into the metal.  In that case, you could just tap it back down into place.  As was said, hard to say without looking under the car and posting some pictures.

10 hours ago, JimCost2014 said:

Can you post a picture?

Lot easier to guess when you can see the problem.

Is it a factory installed, or aftermarket?

It was installed by the dealer after I purchased.

I will try to look under the bed and take a picture when I get off work. Thanks for the replies!

It turned out to be a little pebble they must have sprayed over. When they sprayed over the pebble it created a sharp point at the tip. I couldn’t tell the other day since it was getting dark. Hammered it down and realized what had happened. It was really tiny! But it doesn’t take much I guess.

Thanks for all the help on this!

I avoided commenting on this thread until now because my thought was he was beyond help.

:)

Edited by diyer2
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, mikedeezxxx said:

How did you confuse a nail with a pebble?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 5/21/2019 at 1:22 PM, JimmyT said:

When they sprayed over the pebble it created a sharp point at the tip.

Does this give enough of a clue?