WeatherTech vs. Husky Liners?

I always go to a local carpet store and buy their old carpet squares. They usually sell them for 1$ per. When dirty I would beat them against a tree or vacuum , replace when they get too dirty. Kept my truck floor clean. Like a welcome mat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thank you all for your inputs. Seems like a lot of people lean more towards the Husky brand. I can almost understand... last 2 rentals I had when my truck was at the dealership had full floor OEM liners. If the Husky Liners are really close to the OEM liners, I can definitely see the reason why people like Husky.

I think I’m going to get a set of the Husky Liners that way I can finally have my own first-hand experience with their product.

Especially for this truck, the Husky Liners are a far nicer product. I had 2 sets of the Weathertechs because I've used them since before they became so popular, but on these trucks, they separate at the kick panel and it looks like shit. Also, their a harder plastic material. The huskyliners are a nice soft rubbery material that really just fits in nicely. I was so happy to make the switch. 

Husky liners hands down. I had Weathertechs in my Silverado, they're not as good as they used to be and I was never really satisfied with them, especially in the front, the back was ok. I got Huskies for my Denali and I love them, the fit is much better and they seem more durable so far.

Sent from my REVVL 2 PLUS using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I have the Husky’s in my personal truck and my work truck has Weathertech’s. The Husky’s are by far the superior option in my opinion. The Weathertech’s don’t seem to stay in place and they start to curl in no time. Before I purchased the Husky X-Act contours, I was considering the the OEM ones. I ultimately didn’t go with the OEM ones because the mat does not provide floor coverage around the gas pedal. 

My buddy swore by WT and I had them in my previous vehicle. While I liked them I wasn't really all that impressed. I ended up getting the Xact Huskys like many in this thread and I'm beyond satisfied. He even said they look nicer than his. I'd say it's pretty unanimous haha, and almost everyone who has the Huskys has tried WT AND had the same curling problem so that's a pretty good indicator.

So... after much back-and-forth, I went ahead and ordered a full set of Husky X-Act's for my truck; front liners and the full-coverage rear liner.  I have to say that the build quality is pretty much just as good as I've experienced with WeatherTech.

Two things, any of you guys that have experience with either, do let me know;

1) These are slick... like... more than WeatherTech slick... the set of WT liners I bought for my wife's Grand Cherokee are slick too but only if they get really wet or you're trying to jump up into the Jeep, your feet will slide a bit.  When we're just cruising my feet stay planted.  The Husky's in my truck make me feel like my feet are slipping all over the place and I'm just sitting there driving!  What the heck.  Are these just brand-new blues or will they always be like this?  I'm hoping the slicky feel goes away after awhile and becomes more rubbery like I thought they would be.

2) The rear full-coverage liner bows up in the middle over the hump.  It's also wider than the hump.  Not exactly "X-Act" in my opinion.  I can live with them being a little bit wider since that's not really a big deal but the bowing is triggering my OCD.  If I press down on it with my hand it will flatten out.  This makes me wonder that after a few scorching hot days where the inside of my truck is cooking, they should hopefully settle down and lie flat.  Makes me wonder if the full-coverage WT liners fit better in the back... but it's just this one spot.  Has anyone else had issues with this or any success in getting it to lay flat?  Pic for reference, kind of hard to see, but the bowing-up is there.

rear-floor-liner.JPG

You made the right choice getting the huskies. I have had Weathertechs and they slid around and curled and were generally shit. My mom almost fell out trying to get in the truck when the passenger mat slipped. I gave the Weathertechs to my Dad (not with my mom, i wouldn't do that to her), and he hated them too.

The Huskies will become less slick once they are roughed up a little by dirt, although i never noticed mine being slick. The bulge in the back center will go away too, it's just from being folded in the box.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bakeronenine said:

You made the right choice getting the huskies. I have had Weathertechs and they slid around and curled and were generally shit. My mom almost fell out trying to get in the truck when the passenger mat slipped. I gave the Weathertechs to my Dad (not with my mom, i wouldn't do that to her), and he hated them too.

The Huskies will become less slick once they are roughed up a little by dirt, although i never noticed mine being slick. The bulge in the back center will go away too, it's just from being folded in the box.

Thanks.  I figured those were the cases.

12 minutes ago, CRT515 said:

I second what @bakeronenine said. 

Appreciate the input.

By the way when we went out for dinner last night, I had different shoes on and they did not slip and slide at all.  Must be my work boots.  You would think that non-slip soles specifically for oil and coolant would be, you know, NON-SLIP!!!  Haha.  Maybe the two materials aren't jiving and that's why it feels slippery.  Different pair of shoes and the mats felt amazing.  My wife even commented how much she liked mine more than her WeatherTechs in her Jeep.

5 minutes ago, xSHIFTxNASTYx said:

By the way when we went out for dinner last night, I had different shoes on and they did not slip and slide at all.  Must be my work boots.  You would think that non-slip soles specifically for oil and coolant would be, you know, NON-SLIP!!!  Haha.  Maybe the two materials aren't jiving and that's why it feels slippery.  Different pair of shoes and the mats felt amazing.  My wife even commented how much she liked mine more than her WeatherTechs in her Jeep.

Yeah, one would think non-slip does in fact mean non-slip lol! After you get used to them, I think you will ultimately be happy with your purchase!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys.  Appreciate the thread and support.  Based on the feedback, I am sending back my WT and ordering Husky X-act for my 2018 crew cab (30 day returns on WT - but have to pay for return shipping).  I wanted to also let you all know that Home Depot has Husky mats (and WT) on sale for many models.  20% off.  Got x-act fronts and rear (not full length rear since I have car seats - can’t easily remove a full coverage option).  Cost was $204 (including tax $14 and shipping which was free).  Doesn’t seem to be much cheaper than Amazon, but I can return to any Home Depot if not satisfied.  Thanks again.

I've had Weathertech mats in my 2015 Sierra since new and they are a nice product. Fit is good. The only con I am experiencing is on the driver side where it clips down onto the original floor mat plastic nub - water pools up in the little pocket where it clips down onto the floor and seems to make its way through the Weathertech floor mat. Pain in the but during Canadian winters. If I had to buy another set I would look into the Husky brand...