WeatherTech vs. Husky Liners?

I've always bought Weather Tech floor mats for my vehicles, and for a good time there I didn't even know about Husky Liners.

For those of you that have Husky Liners in your truck, or have used both WT and HL floor mats... what are your pros/cons between the two (besides price)?

I have never been able to see a set of Husky Liners in person so I'm reaching out to see what this community thinks of the two.

I have Husky liners in 2 vehicles. They are far superior. they are made out of a thick rubber that holds its shape and doesn't slide around. Unlike the WT which are a stiff plastic that curls up over time and never stays put.

Edited by aseibel

GM sells some like the Weathertech that are molded but better IMO. I have the front and rear set in my truck and love them. I like the chrome logo for mine. 

Here is the set I have. Front and rear for $250. 

https://accessories.gmc.com/product/2017/GMC/Sierra 1500/first-row-premium-all-weather-floor-liners-in-jet-black-with-chrome-gmc-logo-(for-models-with-center-console)-84185460?categoryId=12001

I had the Husky's in my 2015 Sierra for 3 years and my neighbor had the WeatherTech's in his 2015 Silverado. Both of us preferred the Husky's over the WeatherTech. The Husky's seemed to clean up better and they didn't lose their shape as much as the Weathertech did in his truck. That being said, my 2018 came with the GM liners and I prefer those over the Husky's even. I cleaned them this past weekend after a winter of mud, dirt and salt and they looked brand new when I was done scrubbing with just soap and water. The Husky's were close when I cleaned them but these GM ones seem to have them beat in my book.

I've used Husky Liners, once in a Chrysler 200, and in my wive's minivan.  The ones in the 200 had the edges roll up, but overall were ok.  They didn't slide around.  The ones we have now in our minivan have been perfect.  They don't move, they fit perfectly and they clean up easy.  Both sets were thick and obviously built to last.  No reason to spend extra on the WT, in my opinion.  We live in the south where inside-the-vechile temps can reach 110 or more in the summer, for whatever its worth.

Edited by ndking1126

Have the X-Act Contour Husky mats on my All Terrain and they have held up well over the past year and a half.  Clean up easily and fit very well.  Coverage is very good in comparison to the GM all weather mats on the 2500HD work ride.  These are more expensive than regular Huskys which are very plasticky by comparison.  

1 minute ago, Lgetz said:

Have the X-Act Contour Husky mats on my All Terrain and they have held up well over the past year and a half.  Clean up easily and fit very well.  Coverage is very good in comparison to the GM all weather mats on the 2500HD work ride.  These are more expensive than regular Huskys which are very plasticky by comparison.  

Exactly what I was going to say.  The X-act liners are awesome.  They are made out of heavy, pliable rubber instead of the hard plastic material (similar to Weathertechs).  I bought a set of Weathertechs for my wifes Santa Fe and I regret it.  They are OK but not nearly as nice as the X-act Huskys. 

• Like 1

I like the gm ones. They came in my Silverado. Have the weather tech in wife’s suburban and my past two vehicles. They are good and stay put  but do curl up on edges. The gm ones do have a cut out at the gas peddle but I’ve never had a prob with dirt there. Didn’t really want the tag husky stamped anywhere in our vehicles lol....  i also really like the bow tie in the front mats 

Edited by Racindave

Bought a WeatherTech rear floor liner for my 16 Silverado and was not impressed.  Seemed thin and rigid, not conforming as well as I'd like.  On my 18 Silverado I got the GM all weather liner and it is excellent.  I've heard Husky's are good too, but do not have experience with them. 

25 minutes ago, MBSierra17 said:

Husky in the front, GM liner in the rear. Like them both. Not a fan of weather tech's mats. 

What’s nice about the rear GM mat is the lip under the seat that helps prevent stuff from sliding out from under the seat. 

I have the husky 2pc front and 1 piece rear. I slide the rear under my sub box so my rear floor is 100% covered. I really like them. But my uncle has the nice OEM full coverage ones and I like them too. Driving both trucks I dont really notice a difference to prefer one or the other. But the nice GMC or bowtie emblems give the GM mats a notch up.

I've always bought Weather Tech floor mats for my vehicles, and for a good time there I didn't even know about Husky Liners.  

For those of you that have Husky Liners in your truck, or have used both WT and HL floor mats... what are your pros/cons between the two (besides price)?

I have never been able to see a set of Husky Liners in person so I'm reaching out to see what this community thinks of the two.

I always used WT too until about 5 years ago when I got my first set of husky. I like the more rubbery feel and grip to the husky versus the WT I had in the past, they always seemed a little slick when wet feet hit them. The husky seemed thicker and more supple than what I can recall of the WT I had too. They just seemed like stiff thin rubbery plastic, and the edges would curl eventually.

I have the husky xact model I believe it’s called up front, and actually run the WT liner in the rear. It seemed to have better one piece coverage at the time of purchase vs the husky offerings 5 years or so ago.

That being said I went all husky for the wife’s Jeep, I probably won’t go back to WT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk