Costco Auto Prgram

I learned a lot last Saturday. I logged into the Costco Auto Program, entered my data and member number and immediately was connected to a Chevy Dealer with 8 direct phone numbers. They price was $1,800 below invoice plus $7,500 in rebates/incentives. The whole transaction took 15 minutes and I ordered the truck I want for $13,200 below MSRP. I highly recommend this approach.

Edited by Snuff
  • Like 1

Wow, that's an incredible deal. When I did it three months ago, Costco's was higher than my dealership with all the incentives built in. Incentives vary for people, I didn't qualify for any of the incentives such as being a cop or a graduate.

I'm a member, no, no cost to price check. I did go to the dealership in the list and they tried give me a lowball offer on my trade-in. I'm seeing $12k off for a lot of new Silverado trucks in cars.com right now.

I got $10k off of mine without a trade-in.

If you’re a member, does it cost you to price check?

Nope. When I used it Costco will hook you up with dealers in your area that honor the Costco auto program pricing. Once I submitted my request on the Costco auto program website a dealer emailed me asking what I was looking for. After I let them know they gave me a price sheet.

I assume you could always ask a local dealer if they do Costco and ask what the price would be going that route.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Darksky said:

I bought my 2015 through the Costco program. Exceptional deal and an $800 Costco gift card to boot. Great program.

Same here,  800 and 13 k off my 2015 at the end of 2014.  Was just checking again today for my possible 2020 hd at4.  If that's possible package,  want more off road vs Denali trim this time.  W diesel... fun shopping.  Lol

I got my 2015 High Country while the 2016s were sitting on the lot.  Traded my 2005 with  +/-186K on the clock plus $33,000 out the door for a truck that stickered just under $58 with a $3K allowance at 4WheelParts and the $800 gift card.  I also used the GMAC deal and then paid that loan off before the first payment, so it didn’t accrue any interest. I forget how it was done, but using the GMAC made it cheaper out the door by like $2K-IIRC

The salesman said said they had trouble moving my truck because, even though it was loaded, it did not have a sunroof. 

Needless to say, I was pretty happy. It’s been a great truck. I plan on keeping it for a while.

Edited by Darksky

I have thought about the program and as a Costco member it is there, I still prefer face to face with a seasoned sales person.  I like to meet the service folks and get and idea if the dealership is well run. I like to get a value on my trade WHEN I get the cost of the new ride. The way I see it, you get a price and then have to go get a trade value. I can do all that without Costco. If you have a trade, one might use Costco to price check and then use that to deal with dealers.

My last truck was bought at a family run dealership. The salesman was a son and had worked his way up from washing cars. When you go in for service, you talk to the service manager or his assistant if not there. Not really a Costco deal.

I’m a little different in my hunt. I don’t have a trade, my kid will be getting my vehicle, so I’m buying outright. I may finance if the deal is worth it or may pay cash.

I do my own service work and only will worry about warranty work so I’m not too worried about the service department.

I can see the use of car buying services if you hate the buying process. I typically check out CPOs and request to look at longest on the lot deals. Outside of very few must haves that’s usually what I buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used the Costco program to buy my 17 Denali and also for my 19 Denali.  Both times I got a list of Dealers and chose the one that I wanted to deal with.  After I filled out the paperwork on-line I went to the dealer with paperwork in hand and asked for the recommended sales person.  Both times I worked with someone else and got a good deal.  You are in no obligation to purchase from them.  Also once the deal is done you again contact Costco to get your cash card which takes about a month.  Your cash card is dependent on your membership level.  Base $60 membership gets about $300 where as the upper level membership get the larger amount and this comes directly from Costco.