2019 factory fog lights

Well to bring a final note for my install:

I was never able to remove the terminal pin. I even bought the Delphi pin tools, and was still unsuccessful. In the end I resorted to getting help at the dealer, and of course they did it in a matter of minutes. 

I also called 3 dealers for programming charges. One quoting $150 citing a charge for calling GM to program, the other quoted $120-$250 depending on shop time. Finally a 3rd dealer knew everything I was up against, offered to take care of the pin swap, and knew the process of programming very well. Ultimately, they did my pin swap and the program for $80 which took about 1.5 hrs in total, and my foglight saga was over. I wish this was a simpler process, and Im sure dealers will get more familiar with the ins and outs of programming these newer models and align around pricing eventually since these trucks need programming for just about every add on. Now I need to wait for sundown and make sure the lights are well aimed. Last step and Im done! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bobboberton1 said:

Well to bring a final note for my install:

I was never able to remove the terminal pin. I even bought the Delphi pin tools, and was still unsuccessful. In the end I resorted to getting help at the dealer, and of course they did it in a matter of minutes. 

I also called 3 dealers for programming charges. One quoting $150 citing a charge for calling GM to program, the other quoted $120-$250 depending on shop time. Finally a 3rd dealer knew everything I was up against, offered to take care of the pin swap, and knew the process of programming very well. Ultimately, they did my pin swap and the program for $80 which took about 1.5 hrs in total, and my foglight saga was over. I wish this was a simpler process, and Im sure dealers will get more familiar with the ins and outs of programming these newer models and align around pricing eventually since these trucks need programming for just about every add on. Now I need to wait for sundown and make sure the lights are well aimed. Last step and Im done! 

that's good feedback and positive information from a dealer, I expect you'll go to from now on.

$80 is enough to spend, for all of it - it would come with or at least be discounted with the price of the foglights honestly.

On 9/20/2019 at 5:06 AM, tanner709 said:

that's good feedback and positive information from a dealer, I expect you'll go to from now on.

$80 is enough to spend, for all of it - it would come with or at least be discounted with the price of the foglights honestly.

Good lord.  Since when did it require a computer for a switch to activate a pair of lights?  Why can't we just get some third party LED

lights that fit where the factory ones go and just wire them into the headlights?

• Like 2

On 9/21/2019 at 7:17 PM, 2019LT1500DSB said:

Good lord.  Since when did it require a computer for a switch to activate a pair of lights?  Why can't we just get some third party LED

lights that fit where the factory ones go and just wire them into the headlights?

You can, from gen5

1 hour ago, REDDEVILMEDIC said:

Doesnt have to be linked, and its gonna be 400 anyway. It comes on auto with lights at night, or when you manually turn on lights

Most people on here are paying around $300, and the gen5 site only states 3 options for the lights. the only option that isn't linked to high beam/low beam would be the independent non-gm switch

• 1 month later...

My truck didn’t come with fog lights. I worked them into my negotiations. They agreed to add them. Problem is they were OOS and with GM on strike it may be a little while before they come in. Been about a week now since my truck purchase. The wait is killing me. Patience was never my strong suit. I thought at the time that I could have just added them myself, after reading this post I’m glad I just negotiated the dealer installing them.

Edited by Gators22

• 2 weeks later...

Got mine installed on my 19 Custom today. Cost a total of $188 for installation and programming. A bit high, yes. But saved me a LOT of headache and the programming would've been around $100 by itself. Super happy. They make a big difference in both appearance and functionality. 

Edited by Method2Madness