19 SILVERADO FRONT BRAKE UPGRADE

Testing the water to see if anyone is interested in purchasing front brake upgrade for 2014-2018 silverado 1/2 ton trucks or Suv. i have a source to acquire like new loaded calipers and the new rotors to make it happen and have the proper spacing requirements to make them work on your truck. I have already done this mod to my 2014 silverado and can tell you it is a very noticeable upgrade from what the oem had to offer in those years as well as a more appealing look all together. Both front calipers loaded with pads and hardware and front rotors 500.00 plus shipping to the lower 48 states. This is a drop in the bucket compared to the thousands it cost to get the Brembo upgrade through GM. message me if your interestedIMG_3009.thumb.JPG.69a69a511f6efc69c2e19ac8da7d8fc3.JPG

Edited by ModJunky
grammer
  • Like 3

Rotor diameter is very close to the stock size the big upgrade here is the caliper itself, this is a four piston setup versus the two piston. if you need exact measurements i can get them for you but it fits the same lug pattern and with the proper spacers you just have to center the caliper on the rotor since they no longer float like the original 

The rear caliper does not look to have changed i have yet to source in the rear in since the pics i received from my source looked no different from my current model truck

If you don't mind me asking what city of Michigan are you located? I am the waterford area but all over oakland county. 

Are you saying there is a front wheel spacer needed to clear the caliper to the rim? If so how big as I have 24x9" wheels and lowered 3/5" so spacer may be limited. 

The whole point of a big brake kit is to stop better and fill the wheel up.

If you still running the stock size rotor then what is the point ?
Yes and no. 4 piston calipers are more then twice the clamping force. And the caliper is a better material. Also the rotor is better if it is larger for heat distribution and surface space but it is also more mass to move. Pros and cons of everything. Also I would look more at brake feel under lower line pressure and fade under heavy use.
GM says 22 and bigger wheel need performance brake kit. And my 24" and power level could use wilwood huge brake kit.
If you read up on this drilled is more of a looks then performance. Big race kits are slotted or nothing. Even wilwood and bear have wrote articles on this.
I want the wilwood but if I switch to smaller wheels I would rather have this, then there is the rear issue. Can't fit 15" with slicks out back with even stock brakes. So 1320 makes a rotor and single or dual caliper kit. Some say down grade but it is more surface and clamping force.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

What kind of spacers are required or is a direct bolt on?
He said the spacers are for the caliper mounting bolts. And this is reasonable on a dual side of rotor pistons as the alignment is key to even clamping and wear.

28 minutes ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

He said the spacers are for the caliper mounting bolts. And this is reasonable on a dual side of rotor pistons as the alignment is key to even clamping and wear.

Yea I can read. I meant is it a few washers or machined out, a few washers i'd consider bolt on.