LED DRL’s

So, what’s everyone’s favorite LED DRL design? (regardless of manufacturer) 

Obviously I realize this is a GM forum, so I realize there is going to be a bias, but it seems like it’s the trend these days to design unique LED DRL’s on most new vehicles, so I thought it would be interesting to hear people’s opinions. I’m just going to rate current generations for the most part for the sake of simplicity.

My opinions..

F150 - Not a huge fan of the current gen DRL’s. They just look gaudy and too flashy to me (though I didn’t mind the yellow LED’s on the previous gen)

Ram 1500 - I do like what they did with the dual bar design, but I saw one driving today and I just don’t think they look bright enough. Especially in daylight.

Tundra - Not bad. I can appreciate the clean look of how they wrapped the led bar around the majority of the headlamp

Titan - No opinion either way. Reminds me of the corner style Tacoma DRL’s

Sierra - Definitely think they look great. Similar to the Tundra but with a bit more geometry 

Silverado - Unique. Subtle, yet definitely enough to catch your eye. I know I’m biased as a K2 owner, but I’ve always liked the 16-18 style DRL’s. They’re simple, yet striking and really bright. They really accentuate the boxy square look of the front end and I like the noticeable LED “dot” seperation versus the solid straight continuous bar of light some designs have.

Edited by mistermcgoo

I notice this stuff too... thought I was the only one.

I think the 16-18 Sierra's look the best. Still not sold on the 19's yet.  The Ram 1500 DRL look good too. I even like the look of the Ford explorer Lights.

I am partial to my '14 Sierra's DRL's, as they were a first for GM on a truck. I just wish they were brighter like the '16 and up K2 Silverado.

No offense to you '16 and up GMC owners but I am not a fan of the " C " shaped Sierra LED's.

Both T1 trucks are  " C " shaped now. Ford, RAM, Toyota and Nissan trucks are also.

Even most of the aftermarket.

20 hours ago, mistermcgoo said:

So, what’s everyone’s favorite LED DRL design? (regardless of manufacturer) 

Obviously I realize this is a GM forum, so I realize there is going to be a bias, but it seems like it’s the trend these days to design unique LED DRL’s on most new vehicles, so I thought it would be interesting to hear people’s opinions. I’m just going to rate current generations for the most part for the sake of simplicity.

My opinions..

F150 - Not a huge fan of the current gen DRL’s. They just look gaudy and too flashy to me (though I didn’t mind the yellow LED’s on the previous gen)

Ram 1500 - I do like what they did with the dual bar design, but I saw one driving today and I just don’t think they look bright enough. Especially in daylight.

Tundra - Not bad. I can appreciate the clean look of how they wrapped the led bar around the majority of the headlamp

Titan - No opinion either way. Reminds me of the corner style Tacoma DRL’s

Sierra - Definitely think they look great. Similar to the Tundra but with a bit more geometry 

Silverado - Unique. Subtle, yet definitely enough to catch your eye. I know I’m biased as a K2 owner, but I’ve always liked the 16-18 style DRL’s. They’re simple, yet striking and really bright. They really accentuate the boxy square look of the front end and I like the noticeable LED “dot” seperation versus the solid straight continuous bar of light some designs have.

I know you posted this in the K2 section but I'll talk about the T1 anyway. Somehow to me, from a distance the DRLs in the new Silverados almost look like the front end of the GMT-400 (obviously not once you get close). Maybe I just have a good imagination but that's been my perspective based on the few I've seen. 

Every GM truck platform from GMT400 to T1 has a very familiar front end look.

The only red headed step child of the group would have to be the GMT 900 '07-'13 model with the square headlight with no portion of the grille splitting upper to lower.